Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, December 4, 2017

Cassie's Journal - December 3, 2017



Happy 3rd Birthday, Caleb!
Happy 18th Birthday, Rebecca!

Those best wishes are belated a day because I was apparently too-busy daydreaming about sofa sleepovers with Michael or bonus shopping around town to add that to my last update.

I’m adding that up front, because I could just mention that my main involvement in Rebecca’s birthday came during my visit to the Inn last night that turned into me helping out for a while with a busier-than-expected late rush that included Caleb, our family, and a couple of his friends.  For Rebecca, that video chat was short because she was working at her part-time pizzeria job and we could only do that while she was on a break; and Caleb’s parents had his birthday dinner at the Inn because they’d been late getting back from the city; and took that option over trying to cook a birthday meal instead.

For the record, and since I didn’t mention this yesterday either; three-year old boys apparently don’t mind going shopping in the city for their birthday – especially when part of that fun includes picking out their own birthday gifts at their favorite toy store!

It’s late, and I don’t want to drag this out or get side-tracked; so let’s move this along.

After wrapping up my last update; I did some shopping; answered Miranda’s call for help; and worked through until the main part of the extra late rush was finished.  I came home after that; met up with Rowen and Tim; and we watched a Christmas show with the twins while waiting for Michael to be done at the Inn.  The teen time after that was fun; we watched another movie; and then Rowen and Tim went home while Michael stayed for that sleepover – and a fun bit of make-out time before we got around to having our nap.

It was freezing out first thing this morning, but we went out for Tai Chi by the river anyway; Michael and I were at his house for a hot breakfast; and then we celebrated Advent Sunday at church.  We helped out with the music, so we were extra-busy with that too, but we also had a really good morning before heading over to the Inn to help with the lunch shift set-up.  Michael had to work that part of the shift too, but I only helped to get things ready; and then I went home so that I could go on the afternoon outing to the Christmas tree farm.

That was amazing, and while we didn’t have snow or cold for the adventure; there’s a lot to be said for picking out trees and having the rest of the fun when it’s seventy degrees out instead of below freezing!  The hayride, picking out our trees, and the food and fun at the Christmas store was as much fun as always; and I am so glad that I got to do that with Mom, Dad, and the twins – since I may not get to do that very often while away at college – if at all.  I did need to head back early-enough to work the buffet-to-close shift, though; so we did that; and I missed out on the tree-trimming that Mom and Dad did with the twins tonight while I worked.

The Inn was nearly-full tonight for both buffets, so we were busy straight through until we closed and came home at ten-thirty.  Mom and Dad were working in the office by then, but had put the twins to bed; so I joined them and worked there until they were ready to head off to bed too.  They were able to do that sooner than expected thanks to some time-phasing, but I had a lot to do; and came up to my room and got right back to it through until just a few minutes ago.  While I do usually like my work and studies, I won’t bore you with the details for either.  I used more time phasing; got everything on my to-do list finished; and now it’s time to wrap this report up with a nice little Christmas video bow!

Sticking with favorite kid-rated Christmas songs; my pick for tonight is with Ethan and Ehlana’s favorite pair of Christmas moose – Holly and Hal.  I know, the song really isn’t very Christmassy, but you’d need to be a Grinch not to love that cute little show; so enjoy the song and clips from the show!


Okay, time to nap now, and that’s all I have for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!