Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, December 22, 2017

Cassie's Journal - December 21, 2017



It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Okay, it isn’t looking like a white Christmas quite yet, and the temperature today topped out in the mid-fifties, but there is a chance that we’ll have snow for Christmas Eve Day; and it is going to be quite a bit colder this weekend too.  I’m sure that it says something about me when I’d love to have that snow for Christmas and temperatures in the seventies or eighties too, but I’m tired; so making sense isn’t necessarily required.

We’ve had a really good day around here – starting with Tai Chi by the river.  It wasn’t hot out, but it was nice-enough to bundle up and exercise outdoors; and as I’ve just mentioned – that won’t be an option this weekend.  We had a hot breakfast; headed off to school or work; and then Michael and I spent most of the day having fun with the work and play adventures surrounding the Christmas concert.  We didn’t have the last-minute music practices, but we helped out with other jobs – and had help for that from the rest of the seniors.  We set up the gym; got the ‘sets’ ready for the stage – including decorating the stage for the ‘main’ set that all of the acts would be using; and helped out with some costumes at lunchtime before it was time for the big show.

Michael and I were still involved, but only with the band and our duet; so we got to watch a lot of the show this year – though we did that while also helping out with kid control.  We got to do that with Ethan and Ehlana’s class, so that was great too; and we got to have a back-stage view of their class song.  The band played two songs, with the second being a caroling mash-up sing-along; and Michael and I were a hit with the kids for making a song switch for our duet and going with ‘When We’re Together’ from Olaf’s Frozen Adventure.  We worked on that song for a while without making that change; and only picked it when we knew for sure that none of the other teens or kids was going to attempt it instead.  The parents and grandparents in the audience liked that song a lot too, and I loved having that bit of fun with Michael; so that was one of my favorite moments of the day.

Welcome home, Grandma and Grandpa!

Maybe I should have started this update with that, but they ‘surprised’ us by being at the concert today – even though they couldn’t really do that for three of their grandchildren.  They got home in the wee hours of the morning; slept late; and were fired up and ready by the time they got to the school for the concert – along with Zack, Brianna, and the rest of our aunts, uncles, and other cousins.  Mom and Dad were there today too; and I’m glad that Dad could be there for my last school Christmas concert; since that didn’t work out for us most years because of his work in the city weeks matching up with our last week of school.

One bit of holiday fun that didn’t work out for me today was the Christmas dinner for the lab – unless you include the fact that I worked that private dinner party at the Inn and got a nice tip out of the deal! ;^)

That does bring me to the last part of my update today – the work.  Michael and I helped with the post-concert clean-up at the school; hurried to the Inn after that; and then we worked hard through until close – in part because the lab Christmas dinner wasn’t the only Christmas party going on at the Inn – though it was the biggest and fanciest with a special gourmet menu that Jacob and Jake had a lot of fun with as they had a little competition with their specialty dishes.  For me, the highlights included serving Ethan and Ehlana while they were at the dinner with Naomi and Aiden – their dates for the night; and getting to see some very happy faces as Christmas bonuses and gifts were handed out by Aunt Grace.  Violet and Dillon were two of those happy employees, and while Aunt Grace made it look like a pair of ‘fun’ gifts for Ethan and Ehlana when they each got toys for their bonus gifts; they do actually get monetary bonuses that go into their trust funds too.

The parties meant that we worked late; and it was past-ten by the time we were done at the Inn – quite a bit later than normal for a Thursday night if you don’t include game night.  I went home with Michael; we had some quiet cuddle time while having a visit with his parents, Rebecca, and Lucas; and then I came home and had a Magi lesson with Mom in the office while Dad did his homework.  We had fun with the party update that included hearing about Ethan and Ehlana walking their dates home while I’d been busy; and then I came up to bed before Mom and Dad were done in the office.  I only had a bit of work to do for the family business – just dealing with email and a minor problem; I did that while multi-tasking some quality time in my Jacuzzi; and now I’m about ready to snuggle with Mandy and get some sleep.

My Christmas music video pick is still my favorite from Pentatonix, but it was also our original duet pick for the concert; so I’ll add in an encore clip for the new ‘Frozen’ song too.



Have fun with the double dose of Christmas cheer while I’m enjoying my fourth sleep before Christmas!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!