Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Cassie's Journal - December 2, 2017



Okay, here comes the double update – or about an update and a half; since I still have quite a bit of my day still to get to once I’m done with this report!

Starting from my morning wake-up call on Friday; Tai Chi by the river was frosty; but we went out anyway; and had a hot breakfast to warm up with before getting ready for work or school.  We had a good day at school; with my personal highlight being a bit of birthday fun with Mr. Seager that Naomi led with help from Ethan and Ehlana.  Michael, Rowen, and I were busy right after school because we had to load up a bus with our band gear – with help from the other band volunteers; and then we had to hit the road for Pinehurst.

I love night-time Christmas parades!

There’s just something magical about the lights, sights, and sounds – and we had an awesome night for the parade too.  The temperature was still in the fifties when we got to Pinehurst; that made setting up our trailer much more comfortable than in past years; and while I missed the marching band vibe this year just a bit; it wasn’t cold out; and we were comfortable-enough while sitting in chairs again for this parade – the last one that Michael, Rowen, and I will be doing in Pinehurst before graduating and moving on to college!

That reality had a lot to do with why we had some hometown family and friends at the parade tonight; and that made being there just a bit more special.  Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne brought the twins, Zack, and Brianna.  Mr. Seager joined them with Naomi and Eli; and they collectively brought Aiden and Hailey while their parents were busy at the bakery tonight.  Tim didn’t stay with the band after we were done with the marching band, but he drove over too – and got to Pinehurst early-enough to have dinner with Rowen, Michael, and me before the parade started.

Our band is still on a bit of a Disney kick, so Christmas songs from Disney shows and movies is a big part of our repertoire – and was another hit with the crowds watching the parade last night.  I’m glad that I got to share that with my family – and with Michael and our friends.  We were also near the front of the parade this year, so we were also able to watch most of the parade after the quick pack-up at the other end of the parade route.  Rowen and Tim did their own thing after that, but Michael and I met up with my family; we played and enjoyed some more holiday treats for an hour and a half; and then we had to head home with the band while the parents and kids stayed a bit longer for a visit with Santa.

It wasn’t all that late when we got home, but we still had to put all of the band gear away before coming home.  I brought Michael home with me, and as I mentioned in my last little update; we promptly fell asleep on the sofa instead of taking advantage of the bit of alone time we had while waiting for Mom and Dad to get home with Ethan and Ehlana.  We didn’t find out until morning that Naomi and Aiden stayed with us last night too; but I did learn that before going to the Inn.

Michael and I worked the special breakfast buffet until it was time to head for Crystal Springs; and then we had one of the van loads of kids with us – and he drove his parents’ van for the flying round-trip.  That’s what it felt like to me; and that was entirely because Michael had a time limit for his shopping adventure because he was needed at the Inn for the dinner shift.  We had Ryan, Sophia, and a friend each with us for the trip to the city, but we switched that up for the trip home and brought four teens back with us – including two that needed to work at the Inn with Michael too.

We had a lot of fun getting to have that time with his cousins; the shopping was an extreme blast of fun that we really did need to hurry through as best we could; lunch in the food court was a crazy, fast-food adventure; and we even managed to fit in bonus fun with quite a few of our favorite parents and kids along the way before we needed to head for home again after a too-short visit to our favorite big-box toy store.

We’re home now, and I’m not booked to work at the Inn, but Michael is on the way there by now; and I’m writing this while getting my gift purchases put away until I can wrap them; and then I’m going to head out for a bit of shopping around town to get in on the ‘shopping day in the city’ sales.  Depending on how late Mom and Dad will be; I may hang out – or help out – at the Inn after that; but I’ll let you know how that goes with my next update.  I’m writing this one early because I do expect to be having another sofa sleepover with Michael tonight.  He’s definitely coming over after work; we’re going to watch some Christmas shows with Rowen and Tim – and possibly with some junior couples too; and then I am going to keep Michael because I’ll be able to get away with it! ;^)

I have more shopping to get to now, though; and don’t want to miss out on those sales, so let’s get to the Christmas music pick of the day; and then I’ll get right to that.

Since I’m still on that Disney Christmas music kick from last night; let’s go with another of Ethan and Ehlana’s favorites.  I still find it strange that Disney doesn’t have Sofia celebrate Christmas in Enchancia while Halloween is just fine, but the songs are still great; so let’s just enjoy the spirit of Christmas cheer from one of our favorite Disney Princesses!


Okay, that’s all for today!  I’ve got that shopping to do next – and more holiday fun to be had tonight too; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!