Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, January 29, 2018

Cassie's Journal - January 28, 2018



Our movie night ended up being for one movie; the sofa sleepover was junior-camper-rated fun; and we’ve had a good day – if not a very exciting one by comparison to shopping in the city and getting to play Magi superhero with my best friend! ;^)

We had fun this morning – both at home and church; and then Michael and I worked the full shift at the Inn.  I did the lunch shift to help out with the shortage due to flu and cold season, and while Michael and I had a normal afternoon break; we did our weekend homework during most of that time off.  The buffet-to-close part of the shift wasn’t too crazy, but we were busy; and didn’t get out of the Inn until shortly before ten o’clock.  I walked Michael home; only stayed long-enough to say goodnight to him in a non-verbal sort of way; and then Mom did a Magi lesson with me while Dad finished up his homework – and before I came up to bed and got to work on my computer.  That was too-long ago, and I’m not going to get much sleep; but I got everything done; and should be able to stay ahead of the workload all week.

I should just wrap this up and get some sleep, but there are a few things about that near-crash that I’ve been thinking about all day and want to mention here; since they’re issues that all Magi have to deal with.

First, and certainly in no order of importance; Rowen and I can’t talk about what we did with very many people.  I can’t even tell Michael; since he doesn’t know about Rowen.  She can pretty much only talk about it with her grandmother or my parents – and probably won’t do that unless we do that together.  This isn’t something I’m mentioning because of pride; and we’d never brag about something like that – no matter how cool it was!  I do think that it’s too bad that we can’t talk about things like this freely with other Magi.  We can learn a lot from each other and our unique experiences.  I get that we can’t all just go out there and start running around doing super good deeds, but there are times when we could do more; and either can’t or are too afraid to act in an emergency situation.

That brings me to my next point – that the situation would have been very different if the boys had been with us – or I’d been there with a vanload of kids – like for the Christmas shopping trip.  It’s too easy for me to imagine watching that accident happen and being unable to stop it.  I don’t know if that’s a choice I could make or not, but it’s something to think about; since the consequences for doing something like that and exposing our secret could be even more serious.

When it comes to the actual incident, when I talked about it with Mom and Dad tonight; they pointed out how impressive it was that we did as much as we did so quickly – and I hadn’t even thought about it at the time; but I navigated that ice patch and the traffic around us while working with multiple power weaves and tasks.  Rowen and I worked together so well too; and that’s despite the fact that we haven’t done all that many lessons together recently while we’re both so busy.  Sure, we still manage to have a bit of Magi play time now and then; but really don’t have that many opportunities to do that either.

Finally, for tonight; Mom wants me to think about dealing with potential exposure risks for us because of technology.  One obvious example is the cameras in every smart phone.  Miracles caught on camera would be a problem, and while we weren’t waving magic wands around or shouting out spells; we wouldn’t want to draw any unwanted attention our way.  I don’t have any answers for that; but I will think about it.

Okay, I guess that’s enough for tonight.  I really need the bit of nap time I have left, and that’s all the news for today; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!