Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Cassie's Journal - January 22, 2018



No matter how many times it happens in my life; I doubt that I’ll ever get used to days that start out warmer in the morning and get colder as the day goes along.  We’ve dropped below freezing again now; have been getting a dash or four of snow; and it’s tough to take after a few warm days in a row – even though the warm is the weird weather for January around our neck of the woods.

The cold and snow didn’t get in the way of our day; and we even went out by the river for Tai Chi this morning – though it was a bit chilly.  We had a good day at school; I went home with Michael after last class; and we did our homework before we had dinner with his parents.  I had to come home after that for our first future plans meeting of the New Year; and then I was busy with that for nearly three hours.  A lot of what we dealt with was boring, but I also don’t want to write all about the planning related to my own future – and we did a lot to continue the planning for my next five years.  I will mention that I’m ahead of schedule with getting my freshman year set up with my contacts at State; our townhomes will be ready on time – and two of the last units to be completed in that development project.  I am going to pick out and buy my new car soon, but plan on custom ordering it from Landry’s; and get that done for a late-June delivery.  I don’t need it before then; so there’s no point in having it mostly sit around for months – not to mention paying for insurance and everything else for no reason.

The next-best part of our future plans talk tonight was all about Josiah and Christina.  Josiah is going to be our new town Optometrist; and Aunt Leanne is in charge of getting his offices ready for him in the med building by May – and then he’ll have at least a couple of weeks after getting home from college to set up his new practice.  Christina is to be our new Pharmacist, and in addition to taking over that job; she is going to have a brand new pharmacy in the med center too – while the current one in the grocery store will close.  We talked about Violet and Dillon too, but they’re already working their part-time jobs; and will simply switch to full-time once they’ve had a little break after finishing college too.

Grandma and Grandpa are heading out on their next trip in the morning, and since I’m thinking about that; I’ll also mention that the first part of their trip is with Grandpa Grant and Grandma Eleanor; and they’re going to spend a week and a half helping them out with one of their final archive trips.  There will be years – decades – more work to do once everything is here – work that Ethan has already started; but I’m sure you can read all about that in his journal – or other archives dedicated to recording that process.  Grandma and Grandpa will go on after that to do other work and have some vacation time too; and then they’ll be home for Easter this year.

As I mentioned, a lot of what we covered tonight was of the boring details nature for our plans; so I won’t go on about any of that.  After wrapping up that meeting, Mom did a Magi lesson with Ethan, Ehlana, and me; I took care of getting my brother and sister tucked in for the night; and then I got ready for bed and started on my work and studies.  I took it a bit easy on that tonight; got the must-do work done; and then cut myself some slack on the studying that I didn’t need to stay up for and get finished too.

It’s still been a long day, and I’m ready to crash now; so I’m going to do that – especially when I’m sure to have another late night tomorrow thanks to my band and praise team practices.

I am feeling pretty good about my near-future after that meeting, and while I’m going to be very busy; we’re going to have a lot of fun too.

Right now, that fun is going to be my nap time, and that’s all I have for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!