Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, July 10, 2017

Cassie's Journal - July 9, 2017



Okay, I’m exhausted again tonight, but am due for the double update; so let’s try to do that without skipping too many of the details this time!

Backing up to Friday night; Michael and I had fun with our teen-rated make-out time and the sofa sleepover, and while I’m not going into those details; I will mention that I used a bit of healing on both of us so that we didn’t just end up falling asleep and having no play time at all.  More healing was needed with our wake-up call; and then we headed for the Inn for the breakfast shift at the Inn.  We were very busy even for a summer Saturday with lots of campers in the area for a week of holidays; so I missed most of Ethan’s ball game.  I’m apparently to blame for the loss, since I got there too late to help Ethan and the Blizzard to avoid the ten-to-nine loss to the Earthquake – or they lost because I distracted his buddies on the team.  Both lines were used on me; and I suppose that either is possible – if not very likely.

From there, I needed to hurry home; help with the packing for the trip to Quarry Lake for Brianna’s birthday party; and then I drove one of the groups of kids out to the lake so that Mom and Dad could go together in the truck.  Brianna’s party included a picnic lunch at the pavilion that Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne rented for the afternoon; a lot of play time in and around the lake; and all of the usual activities – including rock climbing and the zip line for everyone that wanted and could do that.  Grandpa was one of those rock wall climbers; and impressed everyone around when he successfully made that ascent – and then went for a ride on the zip line too.

Yes, that’s awesome, but just for this record; he was in serious need of some Magi healing by Saturday night; and Mom helped him out with that this time because he was ready for that help before I got to the campfire from the Inn.

Yes, I needed to work the dinner shift; so I missed out on Brianna’s birthday barbeque dinner while doing that, but I did get to be there for most of the fun at Quarry Lake; and Michael came out for a lot of it too – though he did that on his own; and brought some cousins along for the fun.  As you can guess from my last journal entry time, we didn’t have to work straight to close last night; and that was entirely so that we didn’t miss too much of the campfire – and could help with getting the kids tucked into their sleeping bags for the night as they ran out of steam.

After a long, busy play day; that didn’t actually take long for Brianna, Faith, and their friends; but most of them did stay awake long-enough for Michael and I to entertain them with some duets.  That was a lot of fun; and so was the entertainment that went along with getting the kids off to sleep.  Since we had some teens and older kids at the campfire; Michael and I stayed up for a while even after all of the younger kids were in bed; and that campfire wind-down was great too.  We had a fairly-large group of campers between the cousins, some friends, and Brianna’s birthday buddies; but there were more teens camping at Rowen’s house because Patrick and Jessica were camping with a bunch of their friends too.  Rowen and Tim were with us and helped with kid control even before Michael and I got there after work; and they were two of the last teens standing when we were finally ready to turn in by around one o’clock – and about an hour after we put the campfire out so the neighbors could get to sleep too.

My wake-up call came early because Brianna was ready to rock by a half-hour before sunrise.  Tai Chi by the river this morning was extra-special thanks to the extra exercise buddies; and the rest of the morning through until we headed for church was a wild ride of work and play as we fed our gang, did all of the work that went along with that meal; and got all of the kids ready to go to church.  We’ve had a scorching-hot day; so the church service was on the short end – just a hair short of an hour; and then Michael and I worked the full shift at the Inn while my family went on to have a play day that included a barbeque lunch; random acts of fun all afternoon; and dinner at the Inn so they could all enjoy the late buffet with everyone including Uncle Adam’s parents.

I got to serve their tables for that meal, and Michael and I were able to play a bit too during our afternoon break, but as I mentioned, it was a scorcher today; so all of those hours at the Inn seriously drained us by the time we could come home again at a bit after eleven o’clock.  We were that late because we helped with the work upstairs as well as cleaning the kitchen and dining rooms; and we were also running a bit slow by then so the work took longer than normal.  I’d have helped out with that a bit, but Miranda and Stephanie have the Inn about half-full this week; so using time phases or cleaning with a bit of Magi power just wasn’t an option! ;^)

Michael took me home with him; we flaked out on the sofa for nearly an hour; and then I came home because I needed to do some family business work.  Ethan and Ehlana have Jayden, Aiden, Naomi, and Sophia here tonight, but they were all sleeping by the time I got home; so I only stopped into their rooms for a quick round of kisses that they didn’t wake up for; and then I hopped into my Jacuzzi for a soak while multi-tasking the computing.  I used a time phase for that; continued to stay sped up for a while after that; and then did two hours of work in real time when I had to be able to work on the internet and Mom’s intranet.

Everything I’ve done today has added up to more than a day worth of work, but I’m caught up; and Michael and I do have the day off from the Inn tomorrow – though we will have chores to do at our houses instead for at least the morning.  I’ll be starting out with Tai Chi by the river in a few hours, though, and I guess that’s enough of the news from the past two days to at least cover the highlights; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!