Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - August 29, 2018


Ethan:

It was a bit cooler today, but still a nice summer day.  Ehlana and I were at the lab this morning; we split our afternoon entertainment between helping Mom at home with the holiday weekend prep work and going out to play with our friends.  We were home again for another easy meal with some pre-cooking multi-tasking; and then Ehlana and I had Naomi and Aide with us to help out with the younger cousin entertainment while the parents were busy with their last ball practice of the summer.

Mom did a Magi lesson with the cousins, Ehlana, and me after we got back from the park; it was bath time after that; and now I’m ready to go to sleep.  We’ll be doing more work than play over the next couple of days, so that isn’t all that exciting, but we’re sure to have some late nights this weekend; so I’ll sleep while I can.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Our friends were doing some complaining today about the work we’re all doing ahead of the holiday weekend, but we’re seven; and I just find that amusing when the guys that are complaining the most are being asked to do the least – like clean their own rooms and not trash the rest of the house.  I’m not comparing that to what’s asked of any of the rest of us, but I am suggesting that some of our friends could use a bit of perspective.

My play time at the lab was fun, and while my experiments are still failing; we do still seem to be on the right track to work out the problem we’re having with the current cold cure attempts ‘killing’ our cellular patients.  We’ll get there eventually, and the lack of successes that are part of life for researchers can be frustrating; we always learn new things that won’t just apply to the work we’re doing.  I won’t bore you with the details when I write about them in my research journals and reports, but for instance; we’re learning a lot about the differences between Magi Master immune systems and ‘normal’ human immune systems – and there is much more going on there than just our talent for self-healing.  If we could ever figure out a way to boost immune systems to our level; that could offer protection to nearly everyone from most communicable illnesses.

That’s an even tougher problem to solve than the common cold, though; so don’t expect me to solve it anytime soon.

I won’t be doing anything else tonight; since I’m tired now and need to get some sleep.  Along with the work at the lab; we helped out around the house after lunch; had a couple of hours of play time between that work and dinner; and then Mom had us help her with getting the pre-cooking work done around dinnertime and before she needed to have everything cleaned up before her co-ed ball practice.  We played with the cousins while the parents were busy with that; Mom did a cousins’ Magi lesson after that; and now she and Dad have been working in the office while Ethan and I got cleaned up and ready for bed.  We have two days left until the holiday weekend; it’s going to be great to have Cassie and Michael home; and I’m going to rest up tonight in the hopes that we’ll get to spend time with them while they’re here – along with the rest of our families and friends.

I guess that’s it for tonight, so I’ll get started on that nap time now; and then we’ll likely have a near-repeat of today on Thursday – except without the baseball fun.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!