Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, August 13, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - August 13, 2018


Ethan:

Our first morning without Cassie at home seemed very quiet, but the wake-up call with Mom was fun; and Tai Chi by the river was still really good – if very quiet too without Dad, Cassie, or Michael.

We all wanted to keep busy, so Ehlana and I worked at the lab this morning while Mom kept busy with other work at home and elsewhere; we met up with Naomi and Aiden for a play afternoon with our friends; and then we had an easy-meal dinner before Aiden and I went to our ball practice while Ehlana and Naomi talked bedroom redecorating with Mom at home for most of that time we were gone.  The girls wanted to hang out in the lounge for a while, so we did that until Naomi and Aiden needed to go home; and then Mom did a Magi lesson with us before sending us upstairs for baths and an early bedtime.

Ehlana used her new Jacuzzi tub for her bath, I stayed on the second floor for my bath, and then headed upstairs for a bedtime chat with Ehlana in the lounge.  I’m in my new room now too – though I’d be more-comfortable in my old bed, but Ehlana wanted to be up here in her new room; so I’m up here too so she isn’t alone.  We didn’t want to leave Mom alone in her room yet; so she gets Silkie tonight.

I guess that’s all of my news for today.  We’re missing Cassie, but life apparently does go on even when our favorite people go away to college; and we’ve managed to get through our first day without any permanent damage.  Sleeping will help me from thinking about such serious things for a while; so I’m going to wrap this up and go do that right now.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

My new room won’t look exactly like Cassie’s old room except without her stuff in it for long, but it does tonight; and maybe staying in here for my first night was a bad idea; since I’m thinking about her a lot.

I’ve been doing that all day; and that’s the bigger news story for my life.  Three for Tai Chi and breakfast was tough, but it helped to throw myself into the lab work all morning; and then Naomi helped me out with day one of her efforts to be my stand-in sister while Cassie’s away – something that she insists is part of her larger plan to be my sister-in-law when she marries my brother.  Let’s not take that idea too far, since it’d just be weird if she really was our sister and then married our brother! ;^)

Moving along, we had fun while playing this afternoon; Naomi and Aiden stayed for an easy-dinner before the boys had to get to their ball practice; and then Mom, Naomi, and I had fun with a bit of redecorating brainstorming in my new rooms.  We’re going with a teddy bear theme; we’ll do some shopping for that this week; and get started on the room makeover this weekend or next week.  That’s going to be fun – and help with keeping us busy too.

I’ll need that, since it’s the quiet moments that leave me with too much time to miss Cassie – like right now.  Let’s wrap this up; I’ll cuddle with one of the teddy bears that Cassie gave me; and I’ll try to get some sleep.

One day down – and only four years and three-hundred and sixty-four days to go before Cassie will be home.

Okay, that’s not true, since she’ll be home by early May after her fifth year, but I’m not going to bother looking that up – even if the college website might have that information going out five years.  That attempt at humor just didn’t work anyway; so that’s probably a sign that I should stop rambling with my writing and move on.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!