Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, August 26, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - August 26, 2018


Ethan:

Tai Chi by the river was fun this morning because I did that with Naomi, Aiden, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne while Mom and Dad skipped their morning workout by the river for some unexplained reason – or at least for a reason that I’ll pretend that I don’t know.

The campout breakfast was a crazy blast of fun; there were a lot of parents there to help out with the work – and with food offerings; and then we had to rush to get to church on time.  It’s been another scorching-hot day, so Pastor John went with one of his heat-relief short services; and then it was back to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s house for the campground clean-up.  We had that done by lunchtime; had a family and neighbors barbeque lunch; and then Naomi and Aiden went on to have a play day with their own families while I came home and helped Mom, Dad, and a few extra helpers with getting Ehlana’s room finished.  That was mostly furniture moves and unpacking Ehlana’s things from her old room; we had that done by the time Grandma and Grandpa got home; and then we helped them with some work around their house – including unloading their minivan – before heading to the Inn for dinner.

Violet and Dillon met us at the Inn with Ehlana, Brianna, and Faith; we had an amazing time at the buffet; and then we eventually ended up at home with Grandma and Grandpa so that we could have a visit with them – and also have a telepathic visit with Cassie, Michael, Rowen, and Tim.  That was fun – and so was the big room reveal with Ehlana.  I didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, though, so while Ehlana and I had a bedtime chat after our baths – and after saying goodnight to grandma and grandpa; we’re both ready to get some sleep before getting back to our normal life again on Monday – though I guess we’ve only got a week left of summer-normal before we’ll be back at school again.

I’ve also skipped the rest of the camping news; so I’d better do that before I move on.  After my last update, Naomi and I had that bedtime vid-chat with Ehlana; Naomi kissed me goodnight for Ehlana – which I’m sure is why Ehlana suggested it to her; and no, that is not how my sister kisses me and never will – at any age!  We went back to the campfire; Naomi decided that my reputation could take the hit; so she sat and cuddled with me while we joined in on the music, listened to the campfire stories from the teens, and toasted treats over the fire.  The ‘kids’ were sent to bed in waves from youngest to pre-teens; Aiden and I were in the first wave because we needed to help get Zack and Eli settled down; and then we eventually got to sleep sometime after midnight but before one o’clock.  There was another goodnight kiss for me from Naomi, but she got away with that one because I was the only boy she caught while chasing Zack and Eli off with threats of kisses and girl germs; so she got away with that one right out in public, and it worked out for me; since Zack and Eli pretended that they needed to stay away from me so that they wouldn’t catch the girls germs that she’d ‘infected’ me with.

Okay, that’s it; and I’m going to get some sleep now.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Brianna and I started our day with Tai Chi by the pool and a swim again today.  I should also mention that I love swimming in the river at home, so chlorine in pools takes some getting used to for me, but I also like the warmer, cleaner water; and it’s a bonus that you never have to fight the current to swim home again if you happen to swim or float downriver!

Uncle Rick and Aunt Melissa made another great breakfast for us; we packed up and then headed for church; and the only comment I’ll make about that is to assure you that I’m very grateful to have a home church that has a plan for their younger kids even in the summer.  I’m a junior Magi Master with a rather special, personal relationship with God, and I’m reasonably-bright too; but now I totally understand why some grown-ups – and most kids – fall asleep during church services and sermons! ;^)

Moving along, Violet and Dillon got to town in time to go out for lunch with us; they had a visit with her parents, grandparents, and sister; and then we had to head for home so that we could get there in time for the dinner buffet with the family.  That was a long drive, but we had fun with Violet and Dillon – including with the ice cream snack break in Crystal Springs before pushing on the rest of the way home; and then we had a lot of fun with the family reunion – especially with grandma and grandpa being home from China!

I’d tell you that grandpa’s travel stories, that dinner, or the Woodvale fun parts of my day were the highlights, but getting to see my new, finished room tops that list for today.  My room is amazing; and Ethan and I are going to love being on the third floor and having such an amazing place to hang out with our friends!

Okay, we also had a telepathic chat with Cassie, Michael, Rowen, and Tim as part of our story time with grandma and Grandpa; Ethan and I had baths after they went home; and then we just finished having a long bedtime chat after being apart for two days – which is a long time for twins; or at least it is for us.  We’re going to get back to our work and play schedule in the morning, and I do want to be at the lab a lot this week before we’ll be back to school next week; so it’s time to wrap this up and get some sleep.

This has been a really great weekend, and while my life isn’t as exciting as Cassie’s is right now; I’ll still pick being home with our family and friends over going away to college early – like a certain Dark Magi Master will be doing when she heads off to Princeton next month.  I should write about that someday soon too, but not tonight; since I don’t want thinking about Gwyneth Hathorne to mess up my first night in this amazing room!

I’m going to cuddle with Silkie – since she picked me tonight after not seeing me since Friday morning; get some sleep; and then start what will, hopefully, be an amazing final week of our summer holidays!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!