Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, August 11, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - August 11, 2018


Ethan:

Moving day has arrived, and while we haven’t had to say goodbye to Cassie yet; we’re down to hours before we’ll need to do that.

Our day started with an early wake-up call; we got ready for the day; and then headed for the Inn for a last breakfast with quite a few members of the combined families and some friends.  Ehlana and I were busy with that because we helped with getting Valerie and Marcus ready too; and then we were with them for breakfast too.  Ehlana stayed behind because of her ball game with the Pixies, but we hit the road by eight; and I got to find out that the drive to Cassie’s townhouse really isn’t going to be fun – at least from the sitting in a booster seat perspective.  Mandy and I were both ready to get out by the time we got there; we did a tour of Cassie and Rowen’s townhouse; and then we unpacked the car, truck, and minivan with a short break for lunch.

There is still a lot of unpacking to be done, but the four teens in our group plan on doing most of that work after we go home tomorrow; and we went out for a shopping trip once Ehlana got here with Rowen’s and Tim’s Moms.  We unloaded Tracey’s SUV first; spent a few hours shopping; went out for dinner after that; and then we had a little break at Cassie’s before the parents headed over to their hotel in Dad’s truck.  Ehlana and I are staying in the boys and girls townhouses tonight; and the guest rooms are nice – if a bit sparse so far.  Don’t worry, I’m not going to write about decorating ideas, since I’m only seven; and that’d be weird even for a junior Magi Master!

I can tell you that we’ve had a good day even with all of the travel time and work, and while I’m not as excited about this move as Cassie and her friends are; I am really happy for them.  We’re meeting the parents for breakfast, and it’s getting late; so I guess that’ll be it for tonight.  Stay tuned for part two of the weekend move report – which will be coming to you from home once we’re back there tomorrow night.

Dad will be in the city, so Ehlana and I might stay in our rooms while he’s gone before making the big move to the third floor, but I’ll keep you posted on that tomorrow too.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

I’ll guess that Ethan is not spending the night in Michael’s room, but I’m in Cassie’s bed with Mandy; just finished having my bath; and now Cassie’s taking her turn while Mandy is cuddling with me and Rowen’s still in her room getting ready for bed after her own soak in the tub.  Instead of jumping around with this update; let’s just take it from the top and then I need to get some sleep.

We had a busy morning getting everyone up early, ready, and over to the Inn for breakfast.  We had to eat that meal early so that Mom, Dad, Cassie, and Tim could get on the road by eight with their passengers and cargo.  Saying goodbye to them and staying behind wasn’t too tough for me; though I’d have liked to go with them instead of staying behind.  I had a baseball commitment, though, so I stayed with Aunt Leanne and Uncle Adam until game time; they took custody of Silkie for the rest of the weekend; and then Naomi and I helped the Pixies to win our game over the Chimeras.

I was dropped off at Emerson’s Computers after a quick stop at the Emporium for the ice cream treats; it was harder for me to say goodbye to Naomi; and then Tracey collected Patricia and me; and we hit the road with the SUV full of Tim’s things that we were taking to his townhouse.  While it would have been more fun to go on that drive with Cassie, I still had fun with Tracey and Patricia – and they kept me entertained with a lot of talk about their kids both with growing up and speculation about their imminent college experiences.

Missing out on all of the work that went along with unloading the other vehicles was a bonus; and it was even better that they saved up the shopping trip for us.  Sure, they were shopping for groceries and supplies, but that was very entertaining – especially since Tim appears to be clueless about things like that.  He could be faking it and hoping that Cassie and Rowen will take pity and feed him now and then, but that’s a bit silly, since while Michael isn’t a chef like his father and brother; he grew up in kitchens and can cook at least as well as Cassie.

Moving along, we shopped for hours; went out for dinner after that; had a short visit back at the townhomes with the parents; and then they headed out for their five-star hotel sleepover in Dad’s truck while leaving Mom’s minivan for us to use tomorrow and Tracey’s SUV was left because they didn’t need two vehicles for the night.  Let’s not talk about what Mom and Dad might be doing with their kid-free night – especially when Dad’s going to be away from home for a week; and I’m pretty sure that the jokes about partying all night for Patricia and Tracey were just for fun when they each looked more-interested in a bath and bedtime plan instead.

That is what we did here in Cassie and Rowen’s place; Cassie is still having her bath; and I’m ready to wrap this up and either fall asleep waiting for her or possibly stay awake for a bit more sister-chat time.  I can let you know about what happens with that tomorrow night, though; and cuddling with Mandy sounds really great right now; so that’s it for me; and I’ll be back at home for the next report – either on the second or third floor; depending on which one of ‘my’ rooms I decide to sleep in tomorrow night! ;^)

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!