Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 8, 2017



Today was a near-repeat of yesterday through to now; with just a few changes.  My morning was the same with chores and family business work with Mom; and the twins were at the lab while we did that work.  I wrapped up early and got everything ready for an afternoon canoe adventure; had everything ready to go by the time Michael came over; and we had five kids with us when we headed upriver because we invited Sophia to join us for the fun when we saw that she didn’t have any plans with other friends.  We didn’t make it to the whirlpool, but we did find a nice spot to have our picnic lunch and spend an hour playing and swimming in the river; and then we paddled home in time to set up tents before we had an early dinner.  That was needed so that Ehlana and Naomi could go to their ball practice; and while they had lots of company with them for that; Michael and I took care of the clean-up before going on to the park for Michael’s football workout with Tim.

Rowen and Tim collected us along the way after having dinner at his house; and Rowen and I had some bonus fun because we started talking about what she was going to do for cheerleading tryouts now that we’re down to weeks until she’ll be running them as our new Head Cheerleader.  For the record, yes, I could have gotten that job instead, but I wanted it to be Rowen, and she wants the job; so it works out for both of us – just as Michael and I hope that Tim will get to be Captain for our football team this year.  We’ll have to wait for that official announcement at the end of football camp, but this year; that pick is really a no-brainer; considering the fact that Tim’s been the driving force behind the team pretty much since Grade Nine.

As for cheerleading; Rowen and I are going to work on a few new routines and start our hunt for new music; but she wants to work more on helping our younger cheerleaders with learning more about what we’ve been doing a lot during our first three years – and teach them how to come up with the routines and make them interesting to watch without being too difficult for any members of the squad.  That might sound a bit egotistical, but it is true that Rowen and I are better athletes than most of the other girls; and it can be challenging to mix bigger tricks with something closer to dance team routines.  We want to make sure that our younger friends can carry on without a major let-down from what we’ve had in recent years – including at least a few years before Rowen and I joined the squad.

I’m a bit overdue for comments on the football workouts.  Tim isn’t all that happy with how they’ve been going – including the fact that Michael’s missed more of them than he’s been at; and Tim has had that same problem with most of the other senior players.  I get why he’s so invested in the team, but don’t share his concerns because our team has two things going for us again this year – Michael and Tim.  Bragging about them isn’t a problem for me; and I’m happy to report that they’re both even faster this year than last.  When they get to the daily workouts with the team; they’re going to get even faster – and I’m sure that they’re already the best two wide receivers in their league.  Yes, they’ve lost Lucas to graduation, but they have a good replacement for him; and a quarterback that isn’t flashy but can get the ball to them reliably and then let them do the rest.  I won’t do anything silly like make any guarantees; but I do predict that they’ll have another great season – and do have a good chance of winning another State championship in their small-school division.

I need to move this along because I have some camping to get to next; and I can hear that Michael’s already out there with the parents and kids.

The football workout didn’t end long ago; we went for a swim; and then I came up to my room to get cleaned up and changed for our camping night.  We have our five junior canoeists; Zack, Brianna, and Eli; and Rowen, Tim, Jessica, Patrick, and a few of their friends doing the camping with us now – though half of those teens and kids were added to the mix since dinnertime; and Michael and I are only in charge of the twins, Naomi, Aiden, Eli, and our cousins.  Since Michael and I have to work in the morning; Mom and Dad have parent support coming over in the morning to take over from us; and they may decide to just take the gang to the Inn for breakfast.

We’re not doing a campfire, but some bedtime games are likely – along with some in-tent bedtime stories.  I’ll write about all of that with the next update, so since you can flip a digital page whenever you’re reading this in the future; I’ll just leave it at that and wrap this up.

It’s been a good day, and I’m glad that Michael and I got to spend some extra time with Ethan, Ehlana, and the rest of our cousins and friends.  We’ll be back to work tomorrow; and the rest of me week is going to be all about work – even when we have a going away party to look forward to for some of our favorite collegians – and especially for Rebecca, Lucas, and Jenny.  Michael and I will be working at that party and working at the Inn too; but that’s something I can write about after the fact too; so I won’t go there tonight.

I guess that’s all I have that isn’t looking ahead; though I am thinking about all of that – and it really is going to be different around here once I won’t see Rebecca and Jenny at work or around home for most of the next year.  That might sound strange since I don’t write about them much in my journal anymore, but that’s because we spend a lot of time together doing everyday stuff – like work; and it’s a bit the same as the rest of my daily routine.  I don’t write about brushing my teeth either; but that doesn’t mean I don’t do it – or that it isn’t really important – even for a Magi Master that can simply heal my own teeth if I get a cavity! ;^)

Okay, that’s a bit silly – if true; so it’s obviously time for me to move on and get to the camping fun with Michael and everyone else.  The next few days won’t be very exciting, but the work needs to be done; so we’ll do our part to help out.  I do still have a bit of fun left to fit into our day off, though; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!