Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, August 21, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 20, 2017



***RESTRICTED ACCESS ARCHIVE***

If you’re reading this someday in the future, for most of you; that will be because the Magi I’m about to write about have given their permission to do that – or they have passed on someday in what I really hope will be the distant future to my now.

I’ll also warn that the subject I’ll write about here first involves teen intimacy, so if the archives are opened to kids some day in the distant future; I’ll hope that the adults check these things out before opening restricted archives to them.

With that said, the last thing I’ll add before getting to my update tonight is that I’ve decided to write about this in some detail because it’s a fact of life for Magi teens as much as for any ‘normal’ teens; and it’s something that doesn’t get talked about around here from the Magi perspective.  That’s something that should change, but for the record; I don’t plan on being the teen to do that while I’m a teen.  It is something that I hope will be addressed as Mom and others develop their Magi education for kids that they’ve started with Naomi, Ethan, Ehlana, Aiden, and others.  Maybe this will help; though I won’t even open this to Mom without getting permission first – and that can’t happen for a while anyway because Rowen and Tim don’t even know about each other being Magi yet and won’t learn that until after their eighteen.

Now that I’ve named the two teens I’ll be writing about; you’ve also likely guessed where I’m taking this update.  Tim’s seventeenth birthday is tomorrow, but we’ll be busy with football and cheerleading camps next week; so Rowen had a rather special early birthday gift for Tim this weekend.

don’t worry – I’m not going to go into those details, since that would just be weird; but I will tell you that Rowen and I had a long talk about it; and I used some Magi-powered healing to help her out later.  If you’re taking your thoughts the same place that Rowen did when I made that offer; no, I did not heal her to a state of pre-virginity; yes that would have been possible; and no, I would never do something like that – and I doubt any Magi Healer ever has in history.

Try not to have too much fun with that if you do get to read this someday while Rowen is still around, since her permission for opening this archive to you is rather personal and should be considered a blessing and gift.

My purpose for writing about this, though, isn’t about the physical intimacy; but so that a discussion can be had about those choices; and how they can have a significant impact for Magi beyond the obvious that every teen making these choices should hopefully consider before making those choices.

Rowen did that; talked with me about it; and had a junior Magi Master available to help her afterward – though Tim doesn’t know that.  None of that is true for Tim, but while that is different for guys to a certain extent; I’d suggest that in the future; having a Magi mentor that can do more with this sort of education with their teens would be a very good idea.  Before I get into more details on that, though; let’s talk about some of the Magi issues involved here.

First up, and possibly one that is least-considered by any Magi teen is our expanded link with God.  While mine is much different than it is for other Magi teens; that’s true for Magi compared to normal teens.  My point here is not that God will get involved in any way, since we have free will, but I am going to assure you that he will guide you if you listen; and what is ‘right’ for you may have absolutely nothing to do with some of the things that ‘religion’ teaches or claims to be true.

I’m trying to avoid getting ‘preachy’ here, since if I’m being honest; I’m a bit jealous that Rowen can make a choice that I can’t – and I don’t mean that because it’s impossible; but because I know it would be very wrong for Michael and me for reasons that I’ll write about sometime in the future when it’s our turn to cross over to that next level in our relationship.  There are several reasons why we’ll need to wait until we’re married; but those reasons don’t apply to most Magi teens – and maybe to none; though I’ll likely learn more about that as Ehlana and Ethan grow up and eventually face these issues.

I’ll also add that I’m here because of a ‘bad’ decision; so who, other than God, can know what choices are ‘right’ anyway?  This is actually something I’ve thought about a lot over the years, and in my case – or Mom’s, depending on your perspective; I’d like to suggest that her choices back then was made with love and that is what mattered most regardless of the dark motives that drove my biological father.  Let’s not get into a lot of ‘what-ifs’ for that, but from what we know, Gawain would have never been allowed to marry my mother back then; we have no idea what would have happened had she been taken to Corwyn as planned; and I’d like to think that what did happen is exactly what was meant to be – even the parts that have been fairly-awful for Mom and me.

Everyone has bad things happen in their lives.  What you do about it is what matters; and the love we have is worth any cost.

I’m getting off-track here; so let’s get back to the actual discussion I want to have here.

Our connections with God, as I said, is a real factor for all Magi to a greater extent than for normal teens, and my only point with this is that you should listen, think about it; and decide what is right for you.  Next up, there can be two consequences to Magi teens becoming intimate with their boyfriend or girlfriend – several if they’re both Magi and don’t yet know about each other.  I know it has happened before with Magi teens; and I’d say it must be a shock to find out that one or both of you are Magi while in the middle of ‘the moment’ with your partner.  It would be even worse for teens that don’t know they’re Magi yet.  It was freaky for violet when that happened to her – and that was just while kissing a boy she liked for the first time.

Those cases are more-rare, and there’d be no way to help a Magi teen that doesn’t know he or she has the gift – or it flips to active from latent due to the extreme situation, but there are ways that Magi teens can be taught to keep control of their abilities when under emotional stress; and that should be done in the future.  Then again, the Magi adults might be even better off if they’d just talk with Magi teen couples when they are obviously in serious relationships.  If we’re simply more open about this; ‘accidents’ can be avoided – and I’m not talking about teen pregnancies.

Nothing weird, by the way, happened with Rowen and Tim, but they’re both very talented, powerful Magi; and they have complete control over their abilities now.  That isn’t always true, though, and while I won’t give any specific examples; I’ll remind you that Rowen and I had our little incident when we found out about each other when she had that fall at the falls, and if I hadn’t been there; every Magi in the area would have ‘heard’ her.

Now imagine if you were two teen Magi and that happened to you while ‘unprotected’ from a Magi power perspective.

Having a gang of Magi show up might be the least of the weird for you! ;^)

My next comments would surely sound arrogant to any normal teens; but it’s something that needs to be considered by Magi teens.  We are, as a general rule, more powerful than normal teens in more ways than just Magi power.  For two Magi teens, that can be amazing, but it can also lead to injuries that might be a bit embarrassing to admit to your doctor; and it can be dangerous for the non-Magi boyfriend or girlfriend of a Magi teen.  Magi kids are already taught about being careful with other kids and to never show off our true abilities, but that isn’t done when it comes to Magi teen sex education.  This, by the way, can be an issue for teens around here with latent Magi abilities that show up in other talents.  A very large example of that would be Kyle Landry – or his father.  If you’ve heard the jokes about how small Sarah looks compared to Lee; you can guess where I’m going with this.  Tim’s probably about half the size of his cousin; yet he’s certainly more powerful.

Okay, I have to take this side trip; since that thought led to two others for me.  First, if you agree to open this archive while you’re still fairly-young; no bragging about Tim is allowed!  ;^)  I’ll also mention that the healing I helped Rowen with was not serious and mostly-related to being intimate with Tim for the first time – so no, Tim, you didn’t hurt her.

Now I’m sure that everyone reading this is assuming that the guy has to worry about this more than the girls – and you’d be wrong.  We’re also talking about some rather sensitive parts of the male and female bodies; so what I’m saying here is that a bit of Magi-relevant sex education is in order here – particularly when we’re talking about potential injuries that teens might not report to anyone – including their partner.  Going slightly off-track again; I just cannot picture Tim going to see either of my uncles – or Aunt Deborah – and asking for help with an injury caused by having a bit too much fun with Rowen.

Stop laughing – I’m being serious here!

Moving along, my last point for this part of my update is to bring up the fact that the emotional impact of intimacy for Magi can have wide-ranging implications for Magi teens.  For this, I’m assuring you that this can be the same as for normal teens; but it can also be far more intense and have impact on Magi talents.  We all know that our emotions can affect our ability to focus our Magi talents; and emotional damage can profoundly affect our abilities.

I don’t want to pick on Mom for so much of this, but her example is particularly-clear.  Her experience with Gawain Hathorne affected her ability to have other relationships through to and including the one she has now with my father; but it affected her Magi abilities too.  She’s an exceptionally-powerful Magi Master; yet had no confidence in her abilities for a long time.  There’s a good chance that her timidity protected us when I was little; but we’ll never know whether she could have protected us simply because she had the power to do it – and there are other examples of this sort of thing throughout the archives going back Millennia.  You might not necessarily be able to link those stories directly to emotional, relationship issues; but that can still be found often-enough when you read the archives in the context of the lives of other Magi and Magi Masters.

Bringing that all together, I’d like to suggest to all Magi teens that they consider all of the issues first; use all of the gifts we’ve been given to make the best choices you can for what’s best for you; and then go for it – or don’t; depending on the answer! ;^)

It’s not my place to offer an opinion about Rowen and Tim, but that’s never stopped me before; so I’ll add that I think they have made the best choice for them.  I’m still a bit jealous; but I’ll survive that – and it’s not as if Michael and I plan on joining a co-ed monastery or anything; so we will cross over to that next level eventually!

That’s all I write about for that; so let’s move on to the rest of the news for the past two days – and I promise to be a bit quicker about that.

The breakfast shift on Saturday was very busy; I caught the end of Ethan’s ballgame; and he and Aiden led their team to a nine-to-six victory.  After that, it was back to the Inn for me; I worked the lunch shift; and helped out with room cleaning upstairs for most of what would have been my afternoon break.  Add in the dinner shift until I needed to be at my ballgame; and then keep that going because Miranda needed me; so I missed my game while Michael went to his to try and help his team to get into the championship game.  My team won without me – and I won’t suggest that it was because Rowen had special reasons to be fired up on Saturday! ;^)

So I missed our win; Michael’s win; and Mom and Dad’s win while I worked at the Inn.  Michael came back and helped out with closing the Inn; we went to my house; and wrapped up our day with a couple of hours of campfire fun followed by our camping adventure with so many of our friends and cousins that we needed parental help on Sunday to get everyone ready and fed before church.  I should add that Mom and Dad had grandparent support before we could take over with the kid control; and they had fun going out with their friends after the ball game – and once we were home from the Inn.

I didn’t get much sleep on Saturday night, in part because I spent quite a bit of time talking with Rowen; and then I dealt with some junior camper issues that kept me awake more than I slept through until we were up and going again on Sunday morning for Tai Chi.  As I mentioned we had lots of parent support with the kids; breakfast was a pot-luck kind of deal with a lot of donated bakery treats and bowls or platters of food that were brought over once cooked at other houses.  There were quite a few teen boys in the group; and there were not many leftovers by the time they were finished eating – though a few of them took snacks to go for the walk to church; so the food may have been completely gone by then.  mom had me on kid control after breakfast; so I didn’t deal with most of the clean-up while getting girls’ hair done and helping them to dress for the day.

We had another hot day today, so the church service and Sunday school was a bit short, but that just gave us more time to get ready for the lunch rush at the Inn.  The hot made a difference at work all day; Michael and I went for a swim to cool off at every break; and we didn’t take many of those breaks because the Inn was packed all afternoon and evening.  The tips were great; and I’ll be able to pay for most of my back-to-school supplies and clothes just on the tips I’ve made this summer; but I was exhausted by the time Michael walked me home and we had a bit of cuddle time while having a bedtime chat with Mom, Dad, and the twins.  We had that visit because Dad will be in the city next week; so it gave Michael a chance to talk with him before he leaves.  We didn’t stay up too late for that because Dad was done his work and ready to catch up on his sleep as much as he could before heading to the city in the morning; and Michael went home and crashed after that because I had a lot of family business work to do.

I couldn’t leave that work because we’ll be starting cheerleading tryouts tomorrow and have Tim’s birthday to celebrate too; so I won’t be getting that kind of work done on my days off this week.  I sued a time phase as much as possible; that included some multi-tasking in my Jacuzzi; and then I did a couple of hours of work in real time before getting to this report.  There’s only time for a short nap before I’ll get up to see Dad off on his way to Crystal Springs, but I’ll likely have a lot of late nights this week.

Getting to that nap is at the top of my to-do list now, though; and you’ll be able to flip digital pages to read about what happens next in my life; so I’ll get back to living it and keep you posted on how that goes for me this – and every – week.

For now, that’s all I have, so while you read on – or don’t; I’m out of here!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!