Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 11, 2017



Okay, even with extra sleep; I’m still hitting overload again today.  It’s been all about work again, with even more to get done; and I am totally wiped out now.

The breakfast shift was busy thanks to some overnight rain that had a lot of campers coming to town for a break from the wet and a hot morning meal.  After that shift, I came home; worked on chores and the family business; and then went back to the Inn to help Miranda with the lunch shift for an hour or so.  From there, I went home with Michael and we did a bunch of work around the house and yard because that’s where Rebecca’s going away party will be – unless it gets rained out.  Plan ‘B’ for that is to use the small dining rooms at the Inn; but I’ll let you know how that does with the next update.

After the work at Michael’s house; I had time to do a bit more family business work at home while also getting ready to work dinner-to-close at the Inn.  That shift was a bit crazy, and while I will always love working with Miranda and Stephanie; I’ll be honest and admit that I am glad that I won’t be doing that five and six days a week for the rest of my life! ;^)

I will be happy to pitch in as casual holiday help, though; since the tip money really does come in handy!

Moving along, we didn’t get finished at the Inn until ten-thirty; I went home with Michael for a while; and then came home by eleven-thirty because we’re working the breakfast shift again in the morning.  My work wasn’t quite done, but I used a time phase for most of the family business work that came up and needed to be dealt with before Monday.  While I’ve been busy, I missed out on a lot of kid-rated play time; a family dinner and evening play time; and the twins are doing a camping night in Naomi’s back yard with Naomi and Aiden.  Mom didn’t give them the option to draft Michael and me this time, and since we will be busy all weekend too; I’m okay with that – even though I love camping with Ehlana and Naomi a lot.

We still have a few weeks left in the summer, so more camping will be an option; but that won’t be this weekend for me – especially if Michael and I get to spend much time with Rebecca and Lucas before they head for college on Sunday.

I can’t believe that’s here already!  Oh yeah – we’ll also be short-staffed at the Inn with the outgoing collegians; so I expect to be even busier on Sunday while we try to keep up with the lunch and buffet rushes.  Miranda and Stephanie will be promoting so of the younger teens into the new job openings, but that can slow things down for a while; so the next few Sundays could be very, very interesting!

That’s something else I can write about as it happens, though, and I seriously need to crash now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!