Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 14, 2017



It’s late, but I’m actually writing this before getting to the work part of my day because we haven’t been home for long after our long travel and play day at our favorite, comparatively-local amusement park.

We’ve had an awesome play day, so let’s get right to the news; and then I need to get busy with my family business to-do list.

I really did only have a nap before getting up and ready to go today; we packed up the vans, trucks, and cars; and were on the road an hour and change before dawn.  Michael and I drove the minivan with the twins, Naomi, Aiden, and Sophia.  Mom and Dad had another load in the truck; and I won’t do the full run-down here; but we did have a small convoy of family and friends going along for this day trip.  The trip to the amusement park was quiet for the first half while the kids watched a movie and napped; they woke up when we stopped to pick up breakfast to go and take washroom breaks; and then we had fun making plans for the day the rest of the way to the park.

Most of our fun today was family-rated.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I got to have an hour or so of teen time that included some extreme rides; but we spent the rest of the time with our families and the younger teens and kids.  That seemed to be more important to me today because of the college departures on the weekend; and I’m feeling the need to spend more time with Mom, Dad, and the twins before I’ll be off to college next summer too.  The extreme rides are still a lot of fun, but it’ll be a few more years before I’ll be able to do most of those rides with the twins.

Maybe I should pre-book some trips for that with them once they’re eleven or twelve – if they’re not too cool by then to hang out with Michael and me! ;^)

I guess there’s no point in going over everything we did today, but we did have a blast; and the weather was nearly-perfect – if a tiny bit on the hot side by mid-afternoon.  Picking on the weather forecasters when they once again underestimate the hot never seems to happen while the complaints roll in whenever they’re wrong to the bad-weather or cold side of things; but I can’t help but wonder how the numbers are ending up so unpredictable this summer.  Yes, I know it isn’t the same, but every time I think about weather forecasting; I can’t help but wonder how long it would take us to bankrupt our family business if we regularly made ten or twenty-percent errors with our investments.  Nobody would complain about that much extra profit; but big losses would be a problem!

Anyway, that’s a bit off-topic – other than I need to get started on that work and do it without those kinds or error margins.

We had fast food lunch and dinner at the park; stayed until close; and then hit the road for home.  Aunt Leanne needed another fast food fix on the way home while we did our pit stop, and most of the rest of us got snacks and drinks too; but we made that stop fairly short and then we pushed on to home.  Michael and I had sleeping kids in our minivan by the time we got home, so he took Sophia home while Mom and Dad helped me with the twins, Naomi, and Aiden – after dropping their kids off at home along the way to our house.  I would have liked to keep Michael tonight, being responsible won out; and he’s likely sleeping by now.

Before I get to work, though; I want to write a bit about the collegian exodus from town this weekend – though others will be leaving over the next few weekends; depending on when their schools begin their fall semesters.  I’ve written a bit about Rebecca, Lucas, and Jenny leaving for college; but haven’t mentioned any of the others – including Violet, Dillon, Josiah, and Christina.  They’re all in their post-grad year to earn their Master’s Degrees, but what I’ve been thinking about a lot over the past few days is just how little time I’ve spent with them this supper.  Part of that is because they have their own apartments and Violet and Dillon are newlyweds; but their lives are just going to be different than mine too; and we won’t spend as much time together anymore.  That’s normal, but a bit sad, so if there’s something to be happy about; it’s having Jake and Stephanie here for a year before Michael and I go to college.  They have their own life now too; but we’ll at least spend a lot of time with them every week while working at the Inn.

Finally, for the college thing; I’ll note that Rebecca and Jenny have crossed over to yet another level without me.  The plans they’re making for their future will make sure that I’ll be a bit behind them for the next five or six years, so while this doesn’t feel weird the way it did when they crossed over and stopped thinking that boys were gross and disgusting; I do feel a bit of a sense of being left behind.  Fortunately, I’ll be here with Michael; so it never even crossed my mind to skip a year and be able to go to college early.

I nearly forgot to add that all of our favorite collegians arrived to their dorms or apartments safely; Rebecca and Lucas are having a bit of culture shock; and Jenny apparently loves everything about the crazy college world they’ve been dropped into and need to learn to navigate successfully and safely.  I’ll have more on that as the stories roll in, but while their stories are more personal for Michael and me; they have been the same as the alternate-reality stories we’ve heard from all of our favorite collegians.

Okay, that’s enough for tonight.  I really need to kick up my work into high gear – including using a time phase; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!