Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 29, 2017



Happy 1st Birthday, Faith!

This is going to be a bit strange for a family birthday update, but I didn’t have much to do with Faith’s special day; so I’m going to leave most of that news to others to write about in their journals or other archive locations.  For me; let’s do this update from the start of my day.

We skipped Tai Chi; got ready for the day; and headed to the Inn for the shopping trip breakfast buffet.  Michael worked that with his parents, but then he went on to his football training while Rowen and I headed for the city with our comparatively-small group of back-to-school shopping enthusiasts.  Rowen drove her parents’ minivan; we had Patrick, Jessica, Scott, and Lindsay with us; and we were among the first to leave this time instead of waiting for Mom and the other shopping trip leaders to be ready to go too once everyone was accounted for and matched up with their ‘small group’ leaders.  Rowen and I did not have any kids to take care of while we were in Crystal Springs, but we did spend a lot of time with Ethan, Ehlana, and their friends while we shopped – and during our fast food lunch break.  I’m not going to do the full shopping recap, but we had fun; and blasted through our shopping lists in about four hours of intense bargain hunting.

Some of us needed to hit the road for home early-enough to be back in town for Faith’s birthday dinner; so we skipped some of the extra shopping we’d normally do while in the city; and I may need to make another trip early in September for some of the gift-buying I usually do on this trip for fall birthdays and other gift-giving events.  We did pick up a couple of extra gifts for Faith while we were playing; though that seems silly when we’re talking about a one-year old – regardless of how extraordinary she is!  Rowen had us home again with enough time to spare that I could drop off my purchases and help with the tail-end of the dinner work; and then it was time for the bit of party fun I could have before needing to move on again.

Faith’s party started after nap time, so there was a yard full of babies, toddlers, and parents for the late afternoon and through dinner.  Grandma and Grandpa Proctor are here ahead of the holiday weekend too; and they’re happy to be here for Faith’s big day – and to spend a few extra days with their grandkids between now and when they’ll have to share them over the weekend with the rest of the family.  Michael came over after football; he and I were on kid control during dinner; and then we took Ehlana and Naomi to their ball practice and stayed with them until we needed to be at the church for the only teen praise team practice we’re doing this summer for the Sunday service this weekend.  We had a lot to do for that; so we ended up working for nearly two hours before Michael came home with me and we had a bit of family time with Mom, Dad, and the twins in the office while Mom and Dad worked and they all gave us the rest of the birthday party and baseball report.

Michael and I did a Magi lesson with Mom too; we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night; and then we had a bit of alone time in the lounge before he went home and I got to work on my bedtime computing and family business work.  I had a lot to do tonight; did hours and hours worth of work while in a time phase; and a couple of hours after that for work that needed to be dealt with in ‘real’ time.  It’s late, but I’m a bit ahead of where I wanted to be tonight; so I should be able to keep up through to the weekend – even with all of the extra work that will be starting with another breakfast shift at the Inn in the not-too-distant future.

I still have time for a short nap, though, and really need to do that while I can; so let’s wrap this up.  We’ve had a really good day; I’m all set for heading back to school next week; and now it’s time to get back to work as we head into what should be the second-busiest weekend of the summer at the Inn.  Stay tuned for more on that as my life happens and I continue to write about it, but that’s all for now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!