Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 25, 2017



The only news that is being talked about around here tonight is the first football game of the season!

I won’t keep you in suspense – we won!

The Clairmont players, coaches, and their fans weren’t happy about that, and had apparently been sure that they’d get some payback tonight for losing the last championship to our team; but they found out they were wrong about that – thanks in a big way to Michael and Tim.

Don’t get me wrong – our overall team play was great, but Michael and Tim were the difference – both on offense and defense.  We scored eight touchdowns; Michael had three of them; and Tim had four.  Most people watching the game wouldn’t know this; but they needed to hold back to keep from running it up on Clairmont.  Michael and Tim were largely-responsible for holding Clairmont to thirty-three points, and while they had seven scores; they had to settle for four field goals and three touchdowns.  That might not sound like a big deal, but keep in mind that we are talking about Clairmont; and they’ve been a top small school division team in the State for decades.  We’ve had a good run these past five or six years, but that will likely end after this season; so we’ll need to enjoy the success while we have it for a few more months.

That’s a fairly-arrogant declaration, but Kyle is a once-in-a-generation kind of player for a tiny town like ours; and Michael and Tim are that and then some as a duo because there likely isn’t a high school team anywhere that could stop both of them even half the time.  It could be quite a while before we have that kind of awesome on our football team – like maybe the next generation of Landry men.

No, I’m not suggesting that’ll happen sooner than later; so that wasn’t a hint or joke! ;^)

Since we’re on the football news; let’s do the rest of the news from the game.

I haven’t mentioned it, but we did have the home field advantage as defending champions.  I’m glad that we didn’t have the bus trips tonight; and the victory party at Tim’s house after the game was a lot more fun!  Before we could get to that, though; Rowen and I were at the school early; I helped her with all of the usual Captain of the cheer squad prep work; and then we had warn-ups with our squad before we got to work at game time.  There was a bit of a pre-game show that we were part of that included showing off the championship trophy; but that wasn’t a major addition to the schedule; and the game still started on time.

You could always watch the videos of the game in the archives now that they’re being added to the local record; so I won’t give you the entire play-by-play.  Tim scored the first touchdown of the game; Clairmont answered with their first field goal; and we never gave up the lead from there.  We scored five touchdowns in the first half; two in the third quarter; and coasted through the fourth with just the one touchdown while holding back for most of the second-half.  The only other point I’ll add is to mention that Michael and Tim piled up a lot of yards on offense – and could have added a lot more if they’d wanted to go all-out for the entire game.  On defense; they shut down the Clairmont outside passing game – which is why their only touchdowns were on running or up-the-middle passing plays.

For the cheerleading side of my night, the first thing I want to mention is that the weather was awesome for the entire day – and perfect for a summer game night!  I had a blast all night, and while cheering for Michael and our team was part of that; it was doing that cheering with Rowen and our squad – along with the sidelines entertainment – that really made this kick-off to our last season as cheerleaders so special.  Among the highlights of the night were our half-time routine; which we nailed while wowing the crowd; and the fun we had here and there with the junior cheerleaders that Ehlana and Naomi brought to the sidelines to have some fun of their own as they shadowed us for a while – and joined in with us when Brianna wanted to play with me.

Say what you want about that, but it’s those moments that fill your life with joy; so I am glad that Rowen is okay with letting those distractions – and we certainly earned a lot of fans tonight by going out of our way to have fun with the younger girls.

I had a big turnout for my family tonight, and while Dad got to the game late; he caught most of the second-half; and then he was ready to go home and crash after a very long, busy week.  The great weather helped to make the turnout for the game as good as it gets even though that meant cutting back work days for a lot of the area, but while I heard about a lot of that, to be honest; the only impact directly for me was that the party at Tim’s house was fairly-short because a lot of the guys need to be up before dawn for work in the morning.  That’s true for Michael and me too, since we’re working the breakfast shift – and that’s going to be soon enough from right now as I’m writing this that I’m just going to stay awake and use some self-healing to get through the day.

Before I get to the rest of the news from our Friday, though; let’s cover the party news.

The post-game celebration on-field took a while as everyone wanted to help with that blast of fun, and while we had a blast with all of that; it meant that it took a while before we could pack up; get cleaned-up; and then head over to Tim’s house for the party.  He was hosting as Captain, but his parents did most of the work with some help from a handful of the other parents and Coach Robinson and his family.  We were able to have the party in the back yard; the turnout was great; and Michael and I actually partied for a change instead of doing a lot of work – though I feel a bit guilty about that!  We didn’t do no work at all, though; and that’s why we were among the last to leave the party at around one-thirty – once the back yard was mostly back to normal and the kitchen was cleaned up.

Maybe that doesn’t jive with my earlier comment about the party ending early, but the first teens did start heading home by a bit after midnight; and it was mostly the friends that don’t need to get up early that stayed until one o’clock or so.  Michael walked me home; we spent a bit of time saying goodnight to each other in a non-verbal sort of way while I multi-tasked his post-football healing; and then he went home while I came up to my room and got ready for bed.  Going to sleep then wasn’t an option because I needed to deal with some family business work – and it wasn’t something that could wait.

As you know, I don’t write about global events very often, but the Hurricane hitting the Texas coast tonight is a big deal for the area; and I have family business interests that I can use to help – so I made sure that could happen by freeing up the authority for our company managers to respond to whatever their local towns and cities need over the next few days.

This might be a good time to write about the limitations of our power again; though I promise not to drag it out.

Let’s begin by confirming that it might be possible for Magi to affect a Hurricane.  That said; all of the Magi of the Light working together couldn’t dissipate the energy of something like a major hurricane.  We might be able to move it a bit, but doing so would just put others at risk – and in an area that the residents aren’t prepared for; since evacuations have been ongoing for this storm for a day or more.  My point is that we could just make things worse regardless of our good intentions.  There are other reasons for why we shouldn’t even attempt major interventions for natural disasters or geo-political conflicts, but while that can be frustrating; it’s a fact of life.  We do what we can, and in this case; I can only help through our family businesses.

I’m not really in any hurry to wrap this up, since I won’t bother trying to sleep now, but let’s wrap this up with just a short recap of the rest of my day.

Michael and I were up early and at the Inn for the breakfast shift; Rowen and I had cheerleading practice just for the morning; and then I was back at the Inn for the lunch shift – and most of the afternoon.  Miranda and Stephanie had a tough dinner shift to deal with while a lot of their teens were busy with football, but it also ended early because nearly everyone went to the game – and were at the school by six-thirty or seven o’clock.  It got quiet-enough there that Jacob even came and watched some of the game while taking an extended break – and got to see one of Michael’s touchdowns.  For my work at the Inn, though, I helped out with room cleaning after lunch; and was able to help with the dinner prep work; but then I needed to get to the school to help Rowen.  Michael couldn’t help out at all because his practice lasted all day – including a long team meeting in the afternoon that was all about getting ready for the game against Clairmont from a ‘get-your-head-in-the-game’ point of view.

I’d say that worked for Coach Robinson; but then so did his players as they proved they could be the team to beat this year – or just flat-out unbeatable! ;^)

We can hope for that, but the only news I’ll add before moving on to other entertainment until I need to get up and going again is that Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana had a work morning at the lab; a play afternoon; and a family and friends dinner and a football game night.  I’m glad they’ve had a fun day too, and while I missed out on a lot of their adventures today; I’ll be glad for the time I did get to spend with them at the football game.

Finally, I’ll be busy all weekend, but we don’t have any baseball; so I expect to spend most of my time at the Inn or helping out with chores at home.  If I’m lucky; an early bedtime might be an option for Saturday night; but we’ll see how that goes.

Then again, a post-work sofa sleepover with Michael sounds great right now; so maybe I’ll do that instead – and fall asleep early! ;^)

Flip the digital page to find out what happens for me next, but I still need to go and live through whatever my next day brings, so I’ll get on with that; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!