Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Cassie's Journal - August 5, 2017



I’ve had a busy time of it since my last report, and am really tired; so let’s make this a short update.

My shift at the Inn last night was hectic; Miranda had a lot of customers show up from the area campgrounds.  I missed the Roughriders’ win over the Cowboys, but if I’m being honest; the best part of that win is that I can’t get teased about being responsible for the loss.  Even though we worked really hard last night, we had a lot of fun too; and had an even better end to our night with a sofa sleepover after I went home with Michael.

Okay, the major make-out time before the sleepover was the best part of our day; but no details are required for this report! ;^)

We worked the breakfast shift; so we didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.  I was on a roll for baseball when I missed Ethan’s game too, with the good news being that the Blizzard beat the Hurricane in a game that was shortened by an inning due to rain.  I didn’t get to the game because Miranda needed me more; and I ended up spending a lot of time at the Inn today.  That was easier to do because of the rain; since all of the other scheduled ball games for the rest of the day were rained out – including the games that Michael and I were supposed to play tonight.  Miranda and Stephanie were glad of that, because the rain brought the campers to town in droves; and the main dining room was full pretty much all evening.

While that was good for business – and for tips; Michael and I also had to work late to help Jake and Stephanie with getting all of the work done tonight – including getting the library set up for the self-serve breakfast for the weekend guests staying at the Inn.  That, by the way, includes two families of campers that had tent problems; and opted to pack up and stay at the Inn for their last night.

Michael and I came home at eleven o’clock; only did goodnight hugs and kisses on the front porch at his house; and I came home because we both want to get some sleep tonight ahead of what’s sure to be another crazy-busy day at the Inn on Sunday.  I’m writing this while multi-tasking some quality time with my Jacuzzi.  I’m doing that in a time phase; and already have the rest of my bedtime computing done; and I expect to be in bed and sleeping by midnight – or shortly after that if I take too long with my hair.

A few minutes either way won’t matter much, but I really do want to get the extra nap time; so that’s all I have for tonight.  This may not be the most exciting of weekends for us this summer, but I am glad that we’re helping out with making the remodeled Inn such a success; and we really are going to need to keep this up through until we head back to school in September.  I don’t want to go there tonight either, though, and I’m about ready to get out of the tub now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!