Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Cassie's Journal - January 30, 2017



The only news of the day for me is our shopping trip to Crystal Springs – and we had a blast!

My early morning and school day was mostly-fun too, but that was thanks to the entertainment that went along with talking about our Florida trip and the imminent shopping adventure – at least for Rowen and me.  Michael and Tim weren’t as excited about it as we were, but they had fun tonight too; and we did feed them a lot of fast food as a bonus to thank them for coming along.

The drive time to and from the city wasn’t as much fun as the shopping, but that was partly because we multi-tasked doing our homework – with Tim doing his while Michael drove us there; and Michael doing his while Tim drove us home.  Yes, Rowen could have driven too, but she was happy to hang out and talk with me instead – and I won’t be able to drive on my own until I can take my test after we get back from Florida.  We left shortly after getting set free from our last class of the day; we were at the Mall by fife-thirty; and the boys had a snack at the food court before we got started on the shopping.  Rowen and I did not do that, since we wanted to actually fit into the clothes we plan on wearing next week.  Yes, I have a hyper-metabolism; but even my system can’t work in minutes without some Magi-powered help – and that wasn’t an option at the mall anyway.

I don’t consider any part of the shopping boring, but won’t give you the play-by-play for everything.  Rowen and I picked up enough new clothes to get us through the week; though the selection was a bit limited for summer clothing.  There was a better selection for swimsuits, and those stops were especially fun for Rowen and me – and for the boys.  For some reason, Tim didn’t mind being asked for his opinion on Rowen’s choices as she tried them on; Michael and I had fun too; and the other women and girls in the store seemed to enjoy the entertainment.  You might also be wondering if they were asked for their opinion by any other girls.  That did happen once; Tim readily offered his opinion; and Michael pled the fifth on the grounds that he didn’t want to get in trouble with his girlfriend.

Michael and Tim each picked up some new tees, shorts, and at least one pair of summer-weight pants, but they got that done in two stops that only took about a half hour in total – while Rowen and I were doing our own thing in neighboring stores anyway.  Michael picked up a new pair of trainers too, but only because he didn’t want to look bad by comparison when I picked up new shoes.  We also got a deal on the two pairs; so that was a bonus for me; and he can always rotate his current ‘everyday’ trainers to his workout shoes – and retire those old ones – hint, hint, hint. ;^)

We shopped for an hour and change after that first snack break for the guys; had dinner at the food court; and then went back to the shopping until shortly before the mall was going to close.  Before leaving, we picked up a few treats to bring home with us; made a fast food stop to go on the way out of town because Tim was starving again by then; and then we had another hour and a half of studying and chat time until we got home by a bit before eleven o’clock.  We unloaded Tim’s things at his house; he came with us to Rowen’s where we repeated the process with her things; and then Michael and I had a very short visit with her parents and brother before going on to his house and leaving Rowen and Tim behind.  We took his things up to his room; had a micro-chat with his mother because she came out of her room to welcome us home before going back to bed; and then Michael helped me with carrying all of my purchases over to my house.

It was eleven-thirty by then, but Mom and Dad were still working in the office; so we had a visit with them – and with Ethan and Ehlana when they came downstairs to see us too.  Michael stayed until midnight; went home; and I came up to my room to get started on my work after tucking Ethan and Ehlana into their beds again and spending a few minutes with each of them.  It’s been all work and not much fun since then, but I am keeping up with my work schedule; and will be ready for the week off by Wednesday or Thursday.

Work will be the word of the day for the rest of the week – starting with the bands and teen praise team practices tomorrow and ending with being packed and ready for the big trip.  I don’t really need to include any of those details tonight when I really need to just be sleeping instead; and it’s past-time to wrap this up anyway.  Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I really have had one of those really awesome days; with the doing everything together the main reason for why we had so much fun.  The shopping tonight also has me fired up even more about the trip to Florida; and that should help me out with getting through the next couple of days – especially when I’m sure they will be tough on me.

I can deal with that starting in a few hours, though, and don’t need to go on about it now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!