Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Cassie's Journal - January 29, 2017



I’m writing this update ahead of the bedtime computing, studying, and work because most of that will be too boring to write about anyway; and I’ll have this done if I fall asleep during the work before getting everything done.

The only real news today, for all of the teens in the band, is that we’re counting down the days to when we head for Florida next Saturday.  Top news today was Orlando weather – because it was raining and comparatively-cool there today; and we don’t want our first full day there to be like that next Sunday!  Fortunately, the forecast for next weekend looks pretty good right now, but we’ll all be keeping watch on that; and I’ll keep you posted if that changes.  Getting ready for the trip on a personal level was next on the top-gossip list for the girls; and Rowen and I actually have news for that too.  We didn’t finalize everything until later in the day, but we are now officially booked for a trip to the city after school tomorrow.  Michael and Tim are coming with us; Michael has his parents’ minivan; and we’ll all be looking for some summer-weight clothes and one or two swimsuits – along with a few other necessities like sunscreen and other personal supplies.

We were running out of time, so I didn’t think that we’d get to do that trip, but while I could raid Mom’s and Aunt Leanne’s closets if needed, Rowen can’t do that, and she didn’t feel comfortable with most of her summer clothes from last year; so she pushed a bit harder to get this set up.  I’m glad to help out – and get some new clothes that will be fun for Michael too; so it wasn’t tough for Rowen to convince me.  This will mean another late night for me, but it’ll be worth it; and I really am looking forward to an evening out with Michael and our best friends.  Yes, we are going to be spending an entire week together, but that is a bit different; and you know what I mean.  Even when we do a lot of things together; it sometimes feels as though we don’t actually get to just hang out with our best friends very often anymore.

Speaking of that, I’m not getting to spend much quality time with Michael either; so maybe we’ll need to try to work on that while we’re in Florida too! ;^)

I have too much work to do for those thoughts; so let’s wrap this up so I can get started on the rest of my night.

Tai Chi was early; I had breakfast at Michael’s that included a vid-chat with Jake and Stephanie; we had fun at church – particularly with the girl and teen chats about the Florida trip; and then Michael and I worked the full lunch-to-close shift at the Inn.  That shift, by the way, will officially be my last buffet shift working in the kitchen.  I’ll be able to work the dining room by the time we get back from Florida – after my birthday; and Miranda already has me booked and we’re both excited about getting to work together more closely than we normally do when I’m on the prep line or washing dishes.  I’m sure there will be times when I’m needed in the kitchen now and then, but I am going to like working as a server a lot more – even though it’ll mean spending less time with Michael.

By the way, it probably is totally sexist to keep Michael in the kitchen instead of offering him a server job back when he turned sixteen, but he knows where his parents need him most; and he basically runs the dishwashing crew now when he works; and his Dad will need that experience – especially once the remodel is finished and we’ll have so much more seating.  We’ll also have a second chef by then and Stephanie will be ready to help Miranda, but they have big plans for the future; and will need a few years to gear up for that.

I’m rambling on and don’t have time for that.  Michael and I worked the lunch shift; actually took our afternoon break and spent most of that time on our own except for a short visit at my house while we had lunch; and then we worked non-stop through the buffet-to-close part of the day.  The band trip might have had something to do with the extra business, since we did seem to have a lot of teens there with their families tonight; but it’s also always possible that everyone had the same no-cook good idea on the same day.  Whatever the reason; we ended up staying at the Inn until ten-thirty; Michael and I did our goodnight hugs and kisses outside of his house; and I came home and had a short bedtime chat with Mom and Dad before coming up to my room for the night.  The twins were in bed by then, but I stopped in to wish them a good night on my way up here; so it was a bit after eleven by the time I was tucked in with Mandy and had my computer fired up.

My email check came before this update, but only because I wanted to check for any family news in case there was anything exciting to add to this report.  There wasn’t, but I can tell you that our favorite collegians are doing well; Dawn was able to go flying yesterday and today; and she and Jillian are semi-excited to have dates to their high school Valentine’s Day dance.  I haven’t mentioned that, but our dance is on the Friday we get back from Florida.  If we don’t have any travel issues, we’ll be back in time to attend, but if we do have issues; it could be the smallest school dance in a century or more!  Maybe I’ll be able to get fired up about that dance the day of, but we have too much going on between now and then for it to break through to the top stories on the gossip network.

I’m also back to rambling on when I should be working already, and there really isn’t anything else to add tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!