Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Cassie's Journal - January 27, 2017



I really hope that we’re going to have an amazing week in Florida; since the work that we’re all doing ahead of that adventure is really tiring me out!

The busy today included our regular morning classes; Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I were all among the volunteers unloading and reloading trucks and doing the last fruit and vegetable boxes deliveries; and then Michael and I worked the dinner-to-close shift at the Inn.  For the fundraising work, we had a full transport truck to unload; Michael and I were two of the worker bees that dealt with the two pick-up truck loads that we delivered to Maple Valley after that; and then we had to deliver our own personal orders before getting to the Inn for our shift there.  Miranda is continuing to give her full-timers extra time off all weekend, and that also helps our fellow band members because they’re getting extra hours that will help out with the spending money for the trip too.  That isn’t an issue for me, but the servers are particularly happy because they’re also getting extra-special tips from our customers as everyone around here pitches in to make sure we all have everything we need for while we’re in Florida.

We – the teens – are putting in the time and effort too; which is why I’m writing this report in the wee hours of Saturday morning instead of doing something more fun – like having a sofa sleepover with Michael.  Instead of doing that, we worked until nearly-ten at the Inn; had a bit of wind down cuddle time at his house while talking with his parents, Rebecca, and Lucas; and then I came home when Lucas left for the farm so that I could get started on the bonus family business work I’m doing this weekend.  I had a bedtime visit with Mom, Dad, Ethan, and Ehlana before getting to that work; so it was heading toward eleven-thirty by the time they all went to bed and I got changed and ready to work while cuddling with Mandy in our bed.

While I’m thinking about pets, let’s take a little side-trip to add an update for Silkie.  I’m sure that the twins write about her in their journals regularly, but my moments with Silkie are usually brief and just part of everyday life right now.  A few hugs and scratches behind the ears for her are about all I have time for most days; so I don’t even have walks or other play time with Silkie to write about.  Ethan and Ehlana do take care of her with some help when needed from Mom; and Silkie really is a wonderful addition to our family – even if I don’t even mention her in my journal very often.  Before I move on, I’ll also add that Mandy tolerates Silkie, but thinks that her puppy antics are silly; and usually just keeps her distance and watches Silkie with the superiority that only cats can get away with in this day and age of inclusiveness and political correctness.

Maybe we should have elected a cat for President last November!  ;^)

That joke just proves that I’ve been working too long.  I am keeping on-track for my work-ahead plan, though; and will keep doing that for at least the next six days.  I am booked for the breakfast shift at the Inn – and the dinner-to-close shift too; so I really should get to sleep now anyway.  I’d predict a boring weekend for Michael and me, but while I have to wait and live the next two days, you can just flip digital pages in the future and find out right away; so that seems pointless – even if it’s also likely to be what happens.

Going to sleep within minutes of wrapping up this report is a certainty that I’m past-ready for, though, and I’m just rambling on now anyway; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!