Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Cassie's Journal - January 21, 2017



I’m going to start this update with a flashback to yesterday because there actually was some news that I basically ignored; but should have included with my report.

There are many really good reasons for why I avoid paying much attention to politics, but the inauguration of our new President should have at least been acknowledged for the more distant-future readers of our archives.  You will need to go elsewhere for details of the big day for President Trump, since I don’t plan on writing all about the kabuki theatre that was even more obvious this week than normal in our Capitol city.  What I will point out instead is that life goes on as normal here at home; and I’m sure that was true in most places both in our country and around the world.  That is a truth that would be an ego-buster for most politicians, but I actually know that most people try to live their lives despite government intervention and hassles; and we’re especially happy when they’re all gathered together in Washington D.C.  – where we can keep an eye on them more easily; and they’re only messing around with each other! ;^)

Okay, that was more than I wanted to write on the inauguration; so let’s move on to the local news.

After wrapping up my report from last night, Michael and I had a fairly-hot make-out session; though we did keep that quiet because there were four kids in the house on the second-floor; and we didn’t want to attract any unwanted attention.  The sofa sleepover was great too; but the early-morning wake-up call arrived sooner than I would have liked – even if the minor bit of play time before we needed to get ready to work at the Inn was a lot of fun too.  I was a few minutes behind Michael getting to the Inn because I took a side trip to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa one more time while they were loading up the van and getting ready to head for the airport, but then it was all work and only a bit of fun here and there after that for the rest of the morning.

For me, the breakfast shift at the Inn was only half of the work; I came home and helped with chores until we stopped for lunch at one o’clock; and then I had the afternoon off to play with Michael, Ethan, Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden until Michael and I needed to be back at the Inn for the dinner shift.  We biked the trails at the park; had some playground adventure time; and then wrapped up our outdoor fun with a snack break at the falls before it was time to freshen up and get back to work at the Inn for the two teens in our play group.  The dinner shift was actually fairly quiet – possibly because of the extra customers on Friday.  That worked out for Michael and me, since we closed the Inn by nine; met up with Rowen and Tim; and came home to my house for some teen time that included a bit of video gaming and a movie.  The cuddle time with Michael was good too; and I really liked getting to have a few hours to talk with Rowen and Tim when we weren’t surrounded by the rest of our friends and busy studying and tutoring.

You might find the details of our conversations boring, but we’re getting excited about our trip to Florida; so that was a top chat topic tonight.  The extra work that Michael, Tim, and Rowen are putting in to make extra money for that week isn’t as much fun; though some of the stories they have from work were entertaining.  I could include my own stories for that, and I am working at the Inn a bit more for the same ‘official’ reason; but it just isn’t quite the same when I don’t have to worry about emptying my bank account while in Florida – not that Michael, Tim, or Rowen actually have to worry about that either.  The guys also talked football because the NFL conference championship games are on tomorrow, but I’m only happy about that news because it means we’ll be one step closer to the end of the season.  Rowen and I also talked about trying to do a quick run to Crystal Springs for a bit of pre-trip shopping, but that might not work out for us; so we might need to settle for packing whatever we have from our most-recent summer wardrobes – if we can round up enough that actually still fits us.

Keeping Michael for a second sofa sleepover in a row was very tempting, but we didn’t do that; and he went home shortly after Rowen and Tim left for her house.  If we’re honest, the only reason I’m not keeping Michael for a cuddle buddy every night is because of our public image – and that ‘our’ includes our families, but that’s part of life – even for teen Magi Masters.  Having Michael head home instead of staying did also make it easier to do my bedtime computing; so that worked out for the best too – especially when I needed to deal with a bit of family business work that couldn’t be left for tomorrow night or next week.  I used a time phase for that so I wouldn’t be awake all night, but I’ve still ended up keeping busy until past-two; so it’s time for me to call it a night and get on with my nap time.

I’ll be working the full shift at the Inn tomorrow, and it’ll be back to normal school night work and studying too, so while that doesn’t sound very exciting; that will be a big part of my life over the next few weeks as we get ready for our marching band adventure.  You can flip digital pages and read on for all of that, though, and I am going to need all of the rest I can get so I’m not burned out by the time we get to that week of sun and fun; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!