Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, January 20, 2017

Cassie's Journal - January 19, 2017



One more day of mid-terms to go; and we’ll be done and can move on to more fun things – like getting ready for our trip to Florida!

My school day was a repeat of the past two days with just the subject changes for the three exams.  Ditto that for the studying tonight; so we were immersed in Chemistry and History with a bit of sidelines fun for Music.  Most of our musicians didn’t work very hard on the music, but the lounge and my room were available for practicing the playing part of the exam; and the harder subjects got the attention over music theory.  We didn’t have everyone with us for the entire time between school and when we wrapped up at eleven-thirty; but everyone came over for at least a few hours.  Michael repeated his dinner work at the Inn again today and studied with us before and after the work, but he didn’t have to stay until the clean-up was finished ahead of game night.

Mom, Ethan, and Ehlana were at game night; Mom and Miranda won the senior title again; and they had more fun than I did trying to tutor Chemistry and help with History memorization.  They were home for the after-school studying and the mini-subs and chili dinner, but I also missed out on the afternoon fun at the lab that they had while I was at school; and Mom did her weekend shopping and supply run this morning so that she didn’t need to do it tomorrow.  Other than that; I don’t have any other family news for today; though that’s partly because I haven’t talked with anyone else in the family while I’ve been busy with the school work.  Maybe I’ll have some time to spend with everyone over the weekend, but we’ll see how that goes; and I’m not the only person with a busy life right now!

So, we finished studying at eleven-thirty; Michael stayed for the clean-up; went home at a bit after midnight; and I got started on my work tonight by twelve-thirty – while multi-tasking some Jacuzzi time because I really needed that a lot.  The time phase allowed me to have a long soak without using up much ‘real’ time, and while I had some work that needed to be done without a time phase; I was able to do more tonight while in hyper-time mode.  That isn’t actually an accurate term for a sped-up time phase, but it does sound cool; so I’ll go with it now and then because I can.

What I can’t do is use a slow-down time phase while sleeping; since I need to be conscious to use my Magi talents.  That might seem disappointing, but it really is a very important fail-safe for us when you think about it.  Could you imagine the trouble we could get into if our Magi power could be used while we’re unconscious or dreaming?  It would really suck to wake up in the morning and discover that you really had eaten your pillow! ;^)

Okay, that’s getting a bit silly now, which is a clue that I should be sleeping instead of keeping these late hours – and now I’m breaking out into mental song; so before that gets even scarier for me; I’m out of here!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!