Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Cassie's Journal - January 15, 2017



Do I give the weather forecasters points for the freezing rain call; or take more away for continuing to forecast snow all day despite the fact that we didn’t really get any snow at all?  The freezing rain has been a problem around here; but still not serious-enough that I’d call it an ice storm.

Thanks to the rain instead of snow, my day began with spreading ice salt instead of shoveling; and Dad and I took care of that instead of doing our Tai Chi workout.  We helped our older neighbors with that too; so that kept us busy until Mom had breakfast ready for us.  The roads in town were treated with a sand-salt mix too; so we didn’t have any problems getting to church – though that wasn’t true for many of the country families; since there wasn’t time to do all of the county roads first thing this morning.  The Nortons were one of the families that didn’t make it to town for church; so Rebecca wasn’t at church either – or at the Inn for the lunch rush.

While Miranda didn’t have even a half-full house for lunch today, we were kept busy; since Rebecca wasn’t the only person unable to get to work today – though she did get back in time for the dinner shift.  Michael and I were both there to help pick up the slack; and we worked the full shift today.  I wasn’t going to be able to have much of a study group anyway, so I’m glad that I could help; and we still did some studying with Rowen and Tim during our afternoon break.  The freezing wet continued off and on for most of the day, but it will warm up overnight; and we’ll just get rain tomorrow.  The weather did affect the dinner buffets today too, but that was a mixed-blessings sort of thing for Jacob and Miranda.  They weren’t as busy as normal, and that helped because we were short-staffed all day; but it also meant that they were overstocked with more food than they needed compared to a normal weekend.

While this wasn’t a major storm today, it has been another reminder of how great it is to be part of our community.  We pull together and help each other out – whether that’s through neighborly acts or pulling together as a group like we did at the Inn today to keep the place open and take care of our customers.  We had some fun along the way too, but this really was a work day for most of us; and I’m worn out from all of it.

There isn’t much else to write about; so let’s wrap this up and I’ll head into nap mode.  Michael and I worked to close; we got out of the Inn by a bit before ten; and then I only stopped at his house for a short visit and some cuddle time before coming home for the night.  Mom and Dad were still up, but the twins were sleeping; so my family time was restricted to a quick round of storytelling before I came up to my room and got ready for bed.  I time phased the bit of work that needed to be done; did the rest of my bedtime computing in real time; and will be sleeping before midnight.  I won’t likely get many chances to do that over the next few weeks, so I’ll take the extra down time when I can get it.

I guess this hasn’t sounded like a very exciting day for me, but that does happen now and then – even for a teen Magi Master.  Getting extra sleep does seem exciting to me right now, and that is all of the news I have for today; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!