Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - November 4, 2018


Ethan:

Happy Birthday, Dad!

I stayed up later last night with Zack and the other guys, and I’m tired now; so I’ll leave most of this update to Ehlana.  We’ve had a good day, and there was some birthday fun with Dad, but he had to work too; and most of the fun he had for his special day happened last night.

I definitely don’t want to write about that – or think about it; so I’m going to not do either and go to sleep now.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Happy 40th Birthday, Dad!

As usual, I don’t mind adding in the age to my best birthday wishes while Ethan often avoids it; since I don’t think that being a year – or decade – older and wiser is a bad thing even if there actually are some people around here that do share ageism issues that are usually caused by vanity issues.  Dad isn’t one of those people, though; and he’s holding up pretty well for his age! ;^)

We do have a bit of news from last night to cover; so let’s start with that; and then move on to the birthday report while Ethan gets started on his nap.

Pizzeria pizza dinner with Zack, Eli, and some of the other boys is a bit scary, but Halloween is over; and they can stop acting like monsters!  Babysitters should be forewarned, though, and possibly get paid a premium; since extensive post-dinner clean-ups are required; and the kids can’t just get dunked in the river to clean them up in November the way that gets done during the summer.  I’m not really joking about that, but then the babysitters that get hired to take care of our family and friends gangs of kids for nights out like this one do get paid well for the job.

I’m okay with doing this update for both of us tonight because I do owe Ethan and Aiden for helping to run interference and keep the younger boys entertained last night.  That doesn’t mean we – the girls – didn’t get bugged, but it wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been if not for their help.  We also got to sleep a couple of hours before Ethan did – and he out-lasted some of the parents that came for their kids before Zack crashed for the night – a fact that our cousin is very proud of for being able to ‘out-party’ the parents.  While the boys played video games a lot last night, the girls watched movies, did mini-makeovers, and played little-girl games with Brianna, Faith, and the other younger girls.  I didn’t impress my younger cousins and their friends with my scientist Barbie play time, but Naomi did her best to help me out – just as she does in real life with our friends when I get too caught up in my play time at the lab.  We – the girls – also started going to bed by eleven; we were all sleeping long before the first parents came to get their kids and take them home; and I only woke up long-enough to say goodbye to Naomi when her Dad came and got her while her Mum took care of carrying Eli home.

Tai Chi was skipped by most of our usual exercise buddies, but Ethan still got up to do the work-out with me; and I won’t comment on why Mom and Dad decided to skip their normal morning exercises; since it wasn’t for the same reason that Zack and his parents slept in!  Brianna did join us, though; and that was fun for all of us before we moved on to get ready and then help out with Dad’s birthday breakfast.  We had fun with that celebration too, and while there actually were some funny stories from Dad’s party last night, my favorite part of that meal was the vid-chat with Cassie, Michael, Rowen, and Tim while we all had our morning meals.  Ethan and I might not have been able to spend much time with just Mom and Dad today because we had most of the birthday fun with family and friends, but Cassie wishes she could have had time with him in person; so I’m grateful for what we have been able to do today – just as she is thanks to that video chat.

By the time we finished with the food, gifts, and fun, we had to rush around to get to church on time; there was more birthday fun to be had there for Dad too thanks to our neighbors and friends; and Ethan and I were there for some of that before we were busy with Sunday school instead.  We came home after that; had a quiet lunch for four; and then Dad had to work all afternoon until we went to the early buffet for dinner – another family and friends celebration.  While he worked, Mom stayed with him in the office; and Ethan and I went to play at the lab and archives for a while.  I mostly puttered around in my lab today, but I was just glad to be there; and did get set up for more experimental work this week.

We made sure we were home in time to get ready for dinner; had fun at the Inn while enjoying that meal and birthday play time, but we were also at a ‘kids’ table; and were on the sidelines for the birthday roasting that kept Dad and his dinner companions entertained.  Mom and Dad brought us home after that, and we spent some time together in the office while Dad finished his homework; and we won’t comment on why he didn’t get his work finished this afternoon because that might have something to do with Mom finding ways to distract him that Ethan and I will pretend we don’t know about at all.

Mom did a Magi lesson with us; and then we all headed up to bed – which started out with bath time for Ethan and me.  I love Jacuzzi time, so that’s been a fun way to wrap up my weekend, but I’ve also pretty much run out of news for the day; so it’s time for me to put my toys away and get some sleep too.  Our first full week of November is sure to be quieter than it was around here last week, but I’m okay with that; and we can actually hope that it will be quiet again now that we know Gwyneth is safely back at Princeton after her scary-for-us study week away.  I should write more on her soon too, but not tonight; since I really am ready to get started on my nap too.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!