Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - November 1, 2018


Ethan:

It’s the First of November, but while the Halloween sugar-rush continues as normal every year; the big news from last night continues to affect all of the local Magi.  That reality was contrasted with the norm that was life for our non-Magi neighbors and friends, but before I get into that; I’m going to rewind and cover some of the ‘normal’ news from yesterday that would have normally been most-important to us if not for Gwyneth’s visit and attack.

At the top of that list might have been the candy and treats haul from our trick-or-treating.  We did pretty well with that; and should be good for daily treats at home and in our lunches through until the Christmas treats will be out and available instead!  This is also the point where Cassie would be commenting on the benefits of Magi Master hyper-metabolism that allows us to eat whatever we want without the need to worry about gaining a lot of weight, but then we used up a lot of energy last night and lost some weight in the process; so we’re going to be able to eat that candy just to get back to our normal weights again.

Note to some of my favorite, weight-conscious Magi – I do not recommend a weight-loss program that involves regular fights with Dark Magi Masters! ;^)

Moving along, while our costumes didn’t win any prizes; I really loved getting to spend most of the day with Ehlana, Naomi, and Aiden as the girls dressed up as alien princesses and Aiden and I were special agents assigned to protect them while on earth.  Dressing up in suits, ties, and wearing dark sunglasses wasn’t a big deal for us compared to any of the really elaborate costumes that other kids and teens were wearing, but that was okay with us too; and the only trouble we had with getting cleaned up from our Halloween fun was getting rid of the alien princess make-up transfer that we picked up from the girls while getting hugged.  I’ll also add that Miles Sheldon would have gotten a footnote in a normal daily journal report for winning third-place in the school-wide costume contest for his three-headed monster; since that doesn’t happen very often for any kids in the primary grades.  His Dad helped him to make the costume, and it was awesome, but the bonus points came from having it set up so that Miles could make all three heads talk; and because he’d also worked up some conversations for the three heads to have that everyone thought was hilarious.

The hang-out time in the lounge after school had been great, and so was the easy-dinner with Mom and Dad; while the trick-or-treating should have been amazing because we’d been allowed to do that without parent or teen chaperones for the first time this year.  I can’t say that we didn’t have fun, but it probably says something about us that I don’t want to think about too much that we enjoyed the prelude-to-danger scenes with Gwyneth while trick-or-treating and pretending that nothing was going on.  In a way, that almost made our special agent ‘costumes’ seem real to Aiden and me as we needed to be ready to defend our alien princesses.

Fortunately for us, we all have superpowers so that we could save each other!

I should have also added that Gwyneth dressed up as a Princeton Freshman, and she got a lot of attention from everyone that saw her – before anyone else knew that she was a Dark Magi Master.  That was partly because strangers are noticed in our little town; but also because she is very beautiful; and charmed everyone she spoke with while here – at least until she got to the part of her visit when she tried to kill us.  We didn’t find that charming at all.

This update is getting a bit weird, so maybe I’ve had too much sugar, but I have a lot more to cover; so let’s keep the fun rolling along.

‘Fun’ is the wrong word for the next part of this report.  Ehlana and I haven’t even talked about it with anyone except Mom, but we sensed more use of Magi power early this morning; and we’re sure that Gwyneth got into another Magi-powered fight – probably in the town where she’s been staying with Amanda and her family.  We don’t know everything that happened, but we can make some guesses; and we’re also sure that Gwyneth survived the fight – since Mom was able to find data in the Hathorne systems about her that is for things that have happened since them – like text messages and smart phone usage.  Our guess is that Gwyneth wasn’t the only Dark Magi out last night in search of an ambush, and while we might never know more than that about what happened in that fight; it likely ended badly for that other Dark Magi; since we do know that Gwyneth has dealt with other problems in permanent-solution ways.

While that ‘news’ woke Ehlana and me at the time, we didn’t even talk with Mom about it until later because we didn’t want to do that around Naomi and Aiden without talking to Mom first.  They’ve had enough to deal with already; including some fairly-entertaining moments with their Magi parents that Ehlana and I got to share with them after school.  This is getting jumbled again; so I should write about our school day first; since that really has been strange.  Every Magi kid and teen was watching their fellow students of all ages; and they were obviously trying to figure out which of them were Magi too while taking note of the kids that obviously weren’t and knew nothing about Gwyneth’s attack.  Naomi and Aiden were no exception to that, but then it was just as entertaining for us to deal with our new connections to each other – especially while Naomi was in her third-grade class and we could still sense her in that classroom down the hall from us.  I’m thinking about that a lot tonight while having that link with her and we’re at our own homes tonight; and it might take a while to get used to that connection – even when I’m used to that with Ehlana and everyone else we have links with for other reasons.

While the Magi kids learned a lot about other Magi kids and some adults too, Ehlana and I were most-affected by the attention we got for being at the center of those events last night.  Nobody talked to us about it, but we did get treated differently by other Magi kids and teens.  Ehlana and I really hope that won’t last, since that will draw attention toward us that we don’t want or need, but it isn’t unexpected either; since the magnitude of what we did last night really was incredible.  I’m going to add one more comment on all of that, and at the risk of getting razzed about it; I’ll just go ahead and write about the issue of Magi teen relationships.  I don’t know if what happened last night will become a problem for that or not, but I really hope that it won’t lead to any break-ups between Magi teens and non-Magi teens.  That can be an issue when teens turn eighteen already, but this could lead to relationship problems that wouldn’t have happened among younger teen couples – and that is one of the reasons for why the Magi Council has put some of the restrictions in place so that the Magi kids and teens can be integrated with the Non-Magi kids.

Moving along – again; Naomi and Aiden had a little meeting with three of their parents after school; and I’m glad that Ehlana and I got to go along.  They’re all very proud of their kids while being worried too, but I’ll note that Naomi’s Mom was more-enthusiastic over the news about Naomi and me; and not at all surprised that her daughter is a fearless, powerhouse Magi willing to jump right into the fight without hesitation.  I’d better add that Naomi teased her parents about doing that to protect her future husband and in-laws, since if I don’t; Ehlana is sure to point that out anyway.  The funniest part of that joke, though, is that Naomi wasn’t really joking at all.  We told them the entire story about the fight; explained the link that we now share; and then we – the kids – had a bit of play time before splitting up and going to our own homes for dinner.

Ehlana and I had that chat with Mom about the fight we’d sensed early in the morning; found out that she’d sensed something too, if not as much as we did; but didn’t get into that with Dad during dinner because by the time he got home; we needed to talk about how we were going to handle the meeting that he’d set up with the members of the Magi council that were available tonight.  We didn’t have long for that meal because Dad was also late getting home; and then we had to clean up and head out for that meeting – while missing out on game night at the Inn.

I’m not going to detail every part of that meeting, since there will be a record of it in the archives from the council that you can go and read if you have that access to the archives in our future; and that really was just another re-telling of the fight story for Ehlana and me before we sat around and listened to the adults discuss all of the issues.  They did a good job of that, but opted to spend some time thinking about everything that had happened and the consequences – along with eventually discussing everything with the other Magi leaders before making any decisions about how to deal with the aftermath of the attack.  While some of us might wish for faster progress with the council, I’m not going to make an issue of that; since they have kept the Magi here safe – for the most part – for centuries; while the rest of the Magi of the Light were hunted down and eliminated by the Dark Magi until only Mom had been left.  Their history and experience is worthy of my respect and I’ll always value their knowledge and opinions no matter how much I learn or how my Magi talents compare to theirs.

That meeting took a while; we came home after that; and did some work and studying in the office until a bit past eleven o’clock.  I opted for a shower after that while Ehlana went with the quality Jacuzzi time, but while I’m writing this from bed; I’m sure that she’s multi-tasking her bedtime computing with the soak in the tub.  I guess that’s pretty much all of my news for today, but there is sure to be more to come; and we’re still on alert for Gwyneth while she’s in the area – even though Ehlana and I don’t foresee any imminent problems with her.  Gwyneth isn’t done with us – and I’d suggest that she’s just getting started, but we expect that she’ll re-group; and take a bit of time to decide on her next move.

Again, it says a lot about me that I don’t find that thought scary.  We’ve obviously been given the right personalities for our roles in the Ascension of the Light – along with our Magi talents; so let’s hope that we’ll never find out that we’re delusional and crazy not to be afraid of Gwyneth and the other Dark Magi.

After two very busy, exciting days, I’m crazy-tired, and there really isn’t anything else to add to this report; so I’m going to wrap it up and get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Ethan’s report tonight is proof that identical twins have differences, and while I was there for a lot of what happened to him today; my thoughts tonight are more about my work at the lab – after missing two days of play time there.

Sure, I have all of those same issues with the fall-out from the fight last night, and I have been exploring our new links with Naomi and Aiden too, but we’re getting so close to our cold cure that I’m a bit obsessed about that too; and my studies tonight included keeping up with the work that Uncle Adam and Dillon were doing while I’m away from the lab.  They will have new experiments ready for me, so that’s a consolation and something to look forward to doing with them; yet I still wish I could be there too – even when I wouldn’t have wanted to miss out on all of the strange and amazing entertainment we’ve had while at school.

While the researcher in me is focused on my work, I should offer some comments about at least some of the things that Ethan’s written about tonight.  Let’s start with our new links and the love we can feel and share with our best friends.  It should be no surprise to anyone that Naomi is the most-demonstrative of us for that – even when it comes to what we share through those links now.  Since there is more love being directed Ethan’s way, it’s also not a surprise that he’s affected by that too; though I’m impressed with how he’s reacting to that compared to Aiden and me.  We’re all quiet and shy compared to Naomi and some of our other favorite, more-outgoing people, so it’s fun to see Ethan meeting Naomi half-way – even when that’s simply through their new link.

That isn’t the same for Aiden and me.  We can sense the love too, but we’re also happy to accept it for what it is; and wait until we’re a bit older to take it to any next-levels.  Add that to the list of differences between Ethan and me, but while Aiden and I won’t be making any major changes to our relationship; we’ll have fun with the entertainment we’re sure to get from Naomi and Ethan! ;^)

Moving along, I’d also like to add a comment or two about what was going on at school.  Ethan mentioned that the Magi kids were all trying to learn everything they could about the other Magi and non-Magi, but I should add that we also sensed more than normal too, and while those kids and teens had all been ordered to be quiet about what had happened and the new information they’d each learned about us and other Magi; it was still obvious to us what was going on – and we didn’t need to see the surreptitious glances and other physical signs to know what the other Magi were feeling and thinking.  That wasn’t something new – it’s just that anyone that did sense or see what happened last night were dealing with ‘loud’ thoughts and emotions that we could pick up on without overtly using our Magi gifts.

Next up, that after-school visit with Naomi, Aiden, and their Magi parents really was fun, and the only thing I’ll add is that the jokes about keeping Naomi and Aiden away from Ethan and me were funny; and more-so because at least one Dad was suggesting that because of the romantic danger to his daughter and not the risks related to Dark Magi Masters.  Finally, I don’t really have any comments about the meeting with the Magi Council – other than to agree with Ethan that we need to let them do their thing and trust that they’ll continue to do what’s best for all of the Magi of the Light.  There will be changes because they’ll have no choice but to deal with the consequences of Gwyneth’s visit last night, but all of that is still just one part of the plan that none of us can see completely for the coming ascension.

Right now, all I foresee is an end to my tub time and some quality nap time.  The excitement level should drop a bit by tomorrow, but Ethan’s also right that we’ll continue to deal with in the coming days and weeks, and while that might mean that we won’t have as much of a break before getting into Thanksgiving and Christmas; most of that is likely to be more entertaining than life-changing – at least for now.

Then again, that fight with Gwyneth was life-changing enough to last us for quite a while; so almost anything will be quiet by comparison.  I’ll keep you posted on that, but it’s time for me to get out of the tub and into my bed; so that’s it for tonight.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!