Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, September 21, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - September 21, 2018


Ethan:

Ehlana, Naomi, and the rest of the Moms and Daughters that went with them are safely with Cassie and her friends now; though everyone except Ehlana and Naomi will be heading for their hotel soon and a five-star sleepover while Cassie and Rowen get two junior roommates for the weekend.  Their shopping fun won’t start until the morning, and they’ve had a long drive to get there; so I don’t expect any of them to stay up too late tonight.

That won’t be the case for Aiden and me.  We have a video gaming marathon to get to now; and we can stay up late – as long as we don’t wake his parents – which we never do; since we really don’t want to make things tougher for his father when he already has to get up and go to work in the wee hours of the morning to get the work at the bakery started for the day.  I really do need to get to the gaming; so let’s keep the news report short so I can do that.

Tai Chi by the river and breakfast with Mom and Ehlana was fun, but we were busy too; and two of us needed to pack bags for our weekend or night out; and then Ehlana and I needed to get to school while Mom did other work and chores – including some grocery shopping so that Dad and I would have food for the weekend; and a bakery treats order for the Moms to take along for their favorite collegians.  We had a good day at school; the rest of the Moms and Daughters were ready to go and picked up the rest of the girls from school; and Aiden and I got razzed by some of the other guys for the extended round of goodbye hugs and kisses that included hugs and kisses from Ehlana and Naomi for both of us.

Okay, Aiden only got a hug from Naomi, and Ehlana was just trying to help me out by hugging and kissing Aiden, but that didn’t really end up helping much with the other guys; and Aiden and I had to put up with a fair bit of nonsense for the rest of the afternoon.

We checked in at the bakery after the girls were gone; went biking on the trails with our friends – even though they kept razzing us; and then we had dinner at the bakery with Hailey – and their parents; though that was a tag-team effort for them as they also kept the bakery going and took turns working in the store or kitchen.  It’s Friday, so the bakery – and most of the other stores – are open late; so Aiden and I went to the football game at the school while his parents were busy.  After having so much success with Michael and Tim’s teams; it was tough watching our team lose again tonight, but not unexpected, and I shouldn’t be upset about that at all; since our team really shouldn’t be at the top of even the small-school standings at the State level when we really are one of the smallest schools.  The years we’ve had Kyle Landry and then Michael and Tim on the team are what is really unusual; Kyle is having a pretty good college football career; and Michael and Tim could do that too – if they’d wanted to try and add football into the mix along with everything else they’re doing this year.

My Dad met up with us for a while after he got home and caught the end of the game; Aiden’s Dad came over after the bakery closed and got a ride to the cut-through path from Dad while Aiden and I rode our bikes from the school and met him there for the rest of the walk-ride home; and then we had a bedtime snack before we all headed for bed.  That was also to go to sleep for Aiden’s parents and sister, so we really do need to be quiet, but we’re good at that even when we’re playing video games; and that won’t be a problem.

That’s also all of my news for tonight; so I’m going to get on with that gaming starting right now.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

It’s funny that I’m the one on the weekend-away shopping adventure; yet it seems that Ethan had more to write about than I do tonight.

That’ll change with my next report, but Ethan covered the news until we split up; and I really don’t have much to add for the rest of my day.  Naomi and I were in the back seat of Mom’s minivan while the ‘college teen’ Moms were in the four seats in front of us.  Aunt Leanne led the way in Uncle Adam’s minivan with Aunt Deborah, Aunt Grace, and their daughters; and Naomi and I watched movies and did our homework while the Moms enjoyed a lot of uninterrupted chat time.  We picked up fast food at about the half-way point so that we didn’t take long for hat stop; and made it to the townhouses by eight o’clock.

The group visit after that didn’t really last all that long before the seven Moms and three of the daughters – not including Naomi and me – needed to head over to their hotel and get checked in, but that was still a blast of fun.  The tour of the townhouses was the highlight of that round of entertainment, and while I had fun showing Naomi and my cousins around and we had a bit of play time with Mandy too; the Moms were a bit too-impressed with how well Michael and Tim were doing with keeping their place as clean and tidy as Cassie and Rowen are keeping their home-away-from-home.  Maybe that is a surprise for Tim, but it shouldn’t be for Michael; since he has a lot of experience with cleaning both at the Inn and at home.  There was a second, long round of hugs and kisses when the hotel sleepover gang was ready to leave; a shorter visit with Michael and Tim before they went over to their townhouse; and now I’m multi-tasking this update with some tub time before bed.

I’m actually more-tired than I expected to be tonight, and while I’ve felt as though I’ve been slacking off more than I should have this week; it’s funny that Naomi’s perspective on that is different; and she’s sure that I’ve worked too hard – even with having more after-school play time than I’d planned for this week.  Maybe she’s right, since some of the work I did do happened while Mom used time-phasing to help us get more done; and that would explain why I’m happy to have an early bedtime – though that’s really just earlier than I’d have expected when we’re with Cassie and Rowen for a sleepover.

We do want to be ready for a busy day of shopping, though; so I should wrap this up – and my tub time; and get on with the bedtime girl chat and some sleep.  I’ll write about that in the net update too if anything interesting happens, but that’s all I have for now; so I’m out of here and back to the real world again.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!