Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - September 6, 2018


Ethan:

Take yesterday, add in the first game night of the new school year, and push back the Magi lesson and studying by a couple of hours because of that play time; and that’s been our day.  The weather is a bit cooler, we’ve had a dash or three of rain; but that’s been a welcome change from the hot – as long as we don’t head into fall too soon!

Okay, that’s it for tonight; I’m ready to get some sleep; so I’m out of here with just the micro-report.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

I don’t really have any news for today, but game night at the Inn has me thinking about how much quieter it has gotten here in town now that the summer holidays are finished.  There are still some seasonal campers in the area – most of them snowbirds that stay in campgrounds during the summer and head south for the winter; but with the summer tourists gone for another year; it really does get quiet – in a good way.

That probably sounds funny, since we’re hardly the vacation destination that everyone flocks to in the summer, but even double or triple the normal population is a big deal in a small town.  That isn’t news for anyone that will be reading this someday in the future, but it is a real, seasonal change that affects our lives here; and I just wanted to make not of it – just in case that isn’t the case in the future.

Okay, I can’t picture our home ever growing to the size of a major city, but then I doubt that many Magi from even a hundred or thousand years ago could imagine what our world would be like now.  That’s a topic for another day, since what Magi through the ages have chosen to write about – or not – affects what we know of them in our present or my future; for whenever you’re reading this.  That thought has me picturing a future Magi reading about some cultural idiosyncrasy from my time that makes no sense at all without context.  Even something like game night at the Inn might not make any sense if none of the games we play now.  Just in case, I’ll mention that our games are all family-friendly; with nothing more dangerous than throwing darts at a dart board.

Note to me – ask Ethan whether the Magi of the Roman Empire wrote about their ‘games’ as being family friendly!

I must be tired to have my mind wandering around like that, so I’ll wrap this up and get some sleep now.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!