Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - July 31, 2018


Ethan:

It’s the end of July; and now the countdown is on to Cassie’s move away from home and to college for the next five years.

While Ehlana and I worked at the lab this morning and then played with our friends this afternoon and evening; Cassie spent most of her time getting ready for her trip tomorrow.  The trucks and trailer are loaded; and she’s out for the evening at a small, early anniversary party for Jake and Stephanie.  Their special day is tomorrow, but they’re going away for a two-day celebration; Cassie and Michael will be gone too; and this was their chance to celebrate with their families and some friends before they leave.

I don’t actually have any news beyond that to report today.  I had fun in my archives; our play afternoon wasn’t much different than yesterday except for doing that with a few different friends; Aiden and I biked while Ehlana and Naomi were busy with their ball practice; and then we had some more play time after that before we took Silkie for a bedtime walk that included getting Naomi and Aiden to their homes too.

Ehlana will mention it if I don’t; so I’d better add that Naomi and I cuddled during our movie last night; and no – I don’t have a problem with doing that because I love Naomi a lot.  We’re seven; our parents have nothing to worry about; and I really wish that everyone didn’t think that it was such a big deal.  They do, though, and that would be bad for my reputation with the guys if they knew about stuff like that with Naomi and me; so I’m glad that my best friend and the girls keep that little secret for me.

This seems like a good time to wrap this up.  I want to get some sleep anyway; since we want to get up early and see Cassie and Michael on their way; so that’s all for tonight!

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

What Ethan said; and add in the following news.

First up – Naomi tried for a sofa sleepover with him that didn’t succeed because of parental intervention and a move for Ethan to his sleeping bag on the floor while Naomi and I got the sofa; and Aiden was in a sleeping bag on the floor too.  As usual; pictures were taken first and forwarded to Naomi’s mother.

Next, I had an interesting morning at the lab; our latest experiment failed; and I’m getting a bit frustrated from hitting yet another dead-end.  You can read about the details of my work at the lab elsewhere in the archives, so I won’t go into what would be the boring details for most of you; but we’re not going t find a cure for the cold if our treatments don’t stop killing the test cells – aka ‘the patient’ we’re trying to cure.  We’re doing a great job of killing the virus too; but I’m sure that we won’t be selling anything that ends with not waking up again after taking the medicine.

Our Pixies practice went pretty well; and I won’t comment on the fact that girls are apparently supposed to love watching the boys play baseball; but the guys go biking and playing at the park instead of watching our practices – or even our games most of the time.

Finally, we’re heading to bed early so that we can rest up for another couple of work and play days that will include another sleepover with Naomi and Aiden while Cassie’s away; and we want to see her off in the morning too.

I am not going to write about Cassie being one step closer to leaving for college.  We can pretend to be in denial for another week or two.

Okay, that isn’t actually possible; but let me live with the delusion for another night! ;^)

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!