Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, July 9, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - July 9, 2018


Ethan:

I don’t have much news for today.

After a busy weekend, Ehlana and I spent the morning at the lab – with me in the archives; we played with our friends all afternoon; Aiden and Naomi were with us for dinner; and then Aiden and I had our ball practice after that.  Ehlana and I came home; wrapped up our day with a Magi lesson; baths; and an early bedtime; and now I’m ready to go to sleep so we can pretty much repeat the process tomorrow – except that Ehlana will have her baseball practice instead.  It may not have been as exciting as birthday trips to Quarry Lake and sleepovers, but we had fun; and now I’m done!

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

The top news of the day is something I don’t really want to think about because we’re running out of time before Cassie will be going away from school.  I wasn’t in on the fun at all, but Cassie, Michael, Rowen, and Tim got started on buying the furniture they’ll need for their townhomes this afternoon – after Rowen and Tim were done work for the day.  That might sound crazy to some people – and parents; but Cassie has worked everything out; and even with all of the up-front expenses; they’ll still save a fair bit of money compared to living on-campus.  They can also get away with that as freshmen because they’ll officially be residents of their new homes for the next five years.  I won’t bore you with the details that I don’t have yet anyway, but I’m sure that Cassie and Rowen will have fun with all of the shopping!

I won’t have fun with them doing all of that work to get ready to leave; since I’m really going to miss Cassie.  I’ve mentioned that too-often in my journals, and I know she has to go; but it’s tough knowing that we’ll both be very different by the time she moves home again in five years.  Even while she’s home, days like this will be tough because she’ll be busy and wont’ have time for us.  Today, for instance, she had that shopping trip, but also worked around the house and in the office; was busy with Michael; and they’re at Quarry Lake right now at a friend’s birthday party.  I’ll be asleep by the time they get home; and I’ve already heard that Cassie and Michael want to have a play day for themselves tomorrow because they haven’t had much alone time so far this summer with everything else they have on the go.

Yes, I’m busy too, and can’t just drop everything anymore than she can; but I’m just feeling that social divide between us more than usual right now.

I did have a good day – if not as exciting as a furniture shopping trip.  The lab play time was great; Ethan and I had fun in the sun and water all afternoon with our friends; and then Naomi and I had fun with some other friends while Ethan and Aiden were busy with their ball practice after our barbeque dinner with Mom and Dad.  We came home after that; Mom did a Magi lesson with us; Naomi and Aiden went home; and then it was bath time for Ethan and me – or Jacuzzi time for me.  That, by the way, is totally unfair for Ethan, but he loves me and lets me take his turns in Cassie’s tub nearly every time.  We did the bedtime snack and story time with Mom and Dad; I’ve done a bit of research reading; and now I’m ready to crash, nap, and rest up so that we can do it all again tomorrow.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!