Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - July 24, 2018


Ethan:

This update is early because we’re going to be too busy tonight for any computing.

We were up early; had a busy morning getting ready for our canoe trip; and then we had a total of seventeen teens and kids in six canoes – including Cassie and Michael.  They had a canoe to themselves – along with the heaviest picnic supplies; Jayden, Aiden, and I were together; Ehlana went with Eddie and Nicole; Naomi was with Kaitlyn and Kara; and Jaimie and her five hometown friends were in girls’ and guys’  canoes to round out our little flotilla.  It took two hours to get to the whirlpool – it’s always a bit longer when paddling upstream; and then it was time to play in the whirlpool and river.

The water play time was great; Ehlana and I mostly hung out with Jayden, Aiden, and Naomi; and tried to stay out of the way of the teen drama with Jaimie and her friends.  That was all about those three guys trying to impress the girls.  Jaimie wasn’t impressed; which was why Cassie and Michael intervened and Michael got all of the guys playing Frisbee while Cassie ‘saved’ Jaimie for a while.  We eventually had our picnic by the river; played and swam some more until around one-thirty; and then we headed for home.

The camping tonight is for the guys at Uncle Nick and Aunt Deborah’s house while the girls are at our house.  When we got back, the canoes and supplies needed to be dealt with; Cassie helped the girls get started on setting up their campground by the river; and Jayden and I had Michael with us while we packed our bags before heading over to the Ayres’ back yard so that we could get started on setting up our tents there.  I’m writing this while getting my things set up in the tent I’ll be sharing with Jayden and Aiden; and I’ll need to get back to the camping fun soon before the guys come looking for me.  Most of them have jumped in the river; and I’d like to get in on that swim before dinner too; so I guess that’s all I have for now.  We still have a lot of fun ahead of us – a camping-worthy dinner; a campfire; and what’s sure to be a late night that may include a raid or two on the girls’ camp.

I’ll let you know how that goes for us with the next update, but I have to go now; so it’s back to the real world for me.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

I feel the need to get my update for today out of the way now.  I wonder why – not!

We’ve had a really good day so far, and I’ll start by thanking Mother Nature for the great weather for our holidays so far.  Today was perfect for a canoe trip to the whirlpool.  Hot, but not too-hot; so we could have fun without worrying about getting dehydrated or sunstroke.

The paddle upriver was fun, and while Naomi and I were in separate canoes; we paddled side-by-side for a lot of the trip and could still talk together.  Cassie and Michael made sure that we all had fun at the whirlpool – even Jaimie; which was a challenge when she really didn’t want to hang out with the boy that her friends hope she’ll hook up with for the rest of the week.  Michael successfully diverted the guys with water games; we had a great picnic for a break between morning and afternoon water and whirlpool fun; and then we paddled home again.

It was time to get to work for a while.  We – the girls – set up our tents by the river while the guys put the extra canoes away and then moved on to their campout in the Ayres’ back yard.  Jaimie was very happy about that – especially since we will be having a girls-only dinner too.  We only had girls in the yard by the time our tents were set up; we went for a cool-down swim; and had a bit of play time before some of us needed to split up and get our bags packed for our camping night.  I’m doing that now while Naomi’s doing the same at her house; so Ethan’s need to do his update now works for me too – and I didn’t plan on having my computer with me in the tent tonight anyway.

I need to hurry up because we’ll be eating soon an then Naomi and I have our ball practice to get to before we can come back here for the camping adventure with the rest of the girls.  I’ll include the news from the rest of our day with the next update, but with Cassie and Rowen chaperoning us tonight; we’re sure to have a blast!  That is all I have for now, though; so it’s back to playing with my friends again; and I am so glad that I’m a kid right now.  The grown-ups aren’t getting to have nearly as much fun as we’re having this week!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!