Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - July 1, 2018


Ethan:
My day started out great with our Tai Chi by the river; though I did the same workout that Ehlana and Naomi did at Naomi’s house while Mom, Dad, Cassie, and Michael did a long-form workout.  I got teased about that, but it’s just one of those twin things; so I don’t mind getting razzed about things like this when they happen.  We had a good morning at church because the service was the same as we normally have for a holiday weekend service; so the teen praise team led the music; and we didn’t have Sunday school today.

We went on a canoe-to-the-whirlpool adventure with Mom, Dad, Uncle Adam, and Aunt Leanne.  The ‘we’ for that was Ehlana and me, Zack and Brianna, and Naomi and Aiden.  We had four canoes; the Dads had Zack with them; the Moms had Brianna; and I was with Aiden while Ehlana and Naomi had the fourth canoe.  Zack insisted on a race; found out that our mothers were better athletes than our Dads; and his canoe ended up in fourth place because they also had the heaviest load to paddle – and I mean that from a coolers and picnic supplies perspective.

The canoe trip, picnic, and play time at the whirlpool was all amazing; and then we paddled home; did a bit of work putting everything away; and then we had a multi-family pot-luck barbeque dinner that included Naomi’s and Aiden’s parents, brother, and sister.  We – the kids – were allowed to sit on the dock while having that meal; had fun with that; and then the parents took their own kids home shortly after the clean-up.  Mom did a shielding lesson with Ehlana and me; Dad joined us when we took Silkie out for her bedtime walk; and then we wrapped up our night with baths, bedtime snacks, and story time before we split up for the night.

I’m tired, so this update is my last bit of ‘work’ for the day; that’s all of the news I have; and now I’m going to get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

Naomi and I had to deal with Zack and Eli three more times after my last update before getting to sleep.  Then we had to deal with them trying to mess around with us during our Tai Chi workout in Naomi’s back yard, at breakfast, and on the walk to the church.  That’s why Naomi was glad to escape and sit with me and my family during the special, teen-led service; and we were in the sanctuary for the entire service because there was no Sunday school for the ‘holiday’ celebration.

Naomi stayed with me for the afternoon too; and she and Aiden both joined us for the canoe trip to the whirlpool.  She still had to put up with Zack; and he was still in fine form whether goading us into a canoe race that ‘his’ canoe came in last for because he didn’t think about the fact that our Dads had loaded their canoe with all of the heaviest supplies we took along with us and couldn’t keep up with the lighter canoes – even the canoes being powered by two six or seven-year-old kids.  That might sound wrong, but Ethan and Aiden, and Naomi and I, only had towels, blankets, and water toys in our canoes while the Dads had Zack and the coolers and food; and the Moms only had Brianna and the bags with other supplies – like changes of clothes, sunscreen, and the rest of the ‘lighter’ supplies.

Zack also razzed Naomi about Ethan because of a breakfast-time comment about trading Eli for Ethan; and he had too much fun annoying his neighbor and my best friend pretty much all afternoon.  Fortunately, we also got to have a fun canoe trip to the whirlpool; a picnic lunch; and an hour or so of whirlpool play time before we paddled home again and moved on to a pot-luck barbeque dinner with all four of our families.  The kids got to have that meal out on the dock while the parents enjoyed a meal with some adult chat time; we cleaned up; and then our cousins and friends went home with their parents; and Ethan and I moved on to a Magi lesson with Mom while Dad did the rest of his weekend homework.  Mom’s still a bit freaked out about teaching us shielding already, and knows that we know more about the why for the need to do that when we’re only seven; but we’re not going to tell anyone about everything that we sense and foresee; since there’s nothing good that can come of that – especially when it comes to things that others wouldn’t like and might try to change about our future.

Ethan and I are pretty good at shielding; and we had fun working on ‘hot’ and ‘cold’ shielding – how to keep ourselves protected from fire or ice, in this case; and doing that through the use of air shields.  We still have a lot to learn, but then that’s a life-long process for all Magi.  Next to my work in the lab, though; our Magi lessons with Mom or Cassie are among my most-favorite things to do; and I wish we could do more of that too – though we can’t really do much more than we already are without affecting other parts of our lives.

We took Silkie for a walk after our lesson; had a bedtime snack and story time after Ethan and I had our baths; and now it’s time to get some sleep.  We’re sure to have a busy week with the Fourth of July on Wednesday and the rest of the fun we’ll have on either side of the holiday; so I should get the extra rest wile I can.

I should add that Cassie hasn’t been mentioned in this update because I didn’t see her much today at all.  I was with Naomi this morning; she was busy with the teen praise team at church; and then she’s been working at the Inn all day since then.  I’ll be sleeping before she gets home for the night; so I won’t see her again until Tai Chi by the river time in the morning.  Let’s not go on about that anymore; since I don’t want to think about being a week closer to the start of her college adventures – and her temporary move away from home while she does that for the next five years!

Let’s hope that we get more chances to play with her this week; since her summer is just going to get busier now that we’re into July and she had a month to get everything ready before taking possession of their townhouse rentals on August First.

Okay, I really don’t want to go there, so that’s it for tonight; and I’m heading back into the real world again now – and heading off to sleep!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!