Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, June 30, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 30, 2018


Ethan:
It’s the last day of June, and we’ve had a pretty good day; but I’ve been having a quiet evening at home with Mom and Dad; so this hasn’t been an exciting end to our day.

We had a good morning; had fun watching Ehlana, Naomi, and the Pixies win their baseball game; and then we did chores at home until we stopped for lunch at around one o’clock.  Ehlana and I went to the lab after that with Uncle Adam; I spent those hours in the archives while they played in the lab; and then we stayed too long before heading home late for dinner.  Mom and Dad had been kid-free; we don’t need to comment on why they hadn’t even gotten around to cooking dinner; and that worked out for us because we scored a bonus dinner at the Inn when they decided not to cook.

That was also a chance for a couple of cameo moments with Cassie, since she’d worked the full shift at the Inn; and then we took Ehlana over to Naomi’s for the sleepover they were having so that Naomi wouldn’t be at home all night with Zack and Eli.  After getting home, Mom and Dad worked in the office while I read a few books in the digital archives; and then Mom and I took Silkie for a bedtime walk before I came up to my room and got ready for bed.  Silkie’s with me, but she’s tired out too; and we’re both ready to get some sleep.  That’s all the news for today; so I’m okay with getting to that nap time right now.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:
I really like playing sports, and have a lot of fun doing that with Naomi; but sometimes it’s tough playing games against our friends – and I mean that because we need to hold back from showing off everything we could do if we were able to play our very best.  We do still have fun, though, so even when we’re competing against some of our friends; I don’t have a problem with sharing the love – even when I get teased about doing things like hugging base runners when they have a particularly-good hit or play!  It’s also more fun when we win; so it was a good day for the Pixies as we won our game against the Chimeras this morning by a score of nine-to-seven.

The Emporium treats after that were great; and then Ethan and I helped Mom and Dad with the yard work for the rest of the morning because Cassie was busy at the Inn all day.  We worked until lunchtime; Ethan and I went to the lab with Uncle Adam after that; and I was happy to play in my lab and do another test of the latest extract we’ve bio-engineered to try and make a cure for colds.  That test was promising right up until the virus overpowered it and survived, but we are making progress; so we just need to figure out why the virus is winning those microscopic battles.

Sounds simple – and isn’t!

Moving along, we were late getting home; Mom and Dad hadn’t cooked dinner; and took us to the Inn instead before taking me over to Naomi’s for my sleepover with her.  I love her, and that’s enough of a reason to make certain sacrifices for her; but we should definitely do more of these sleepovers at my house when it’s because she doesn’t want to be stuck at her house when Eli’s invited Zack over for the night too.  I love my cousin too, but Zack is an interesting study case for Magi kids – and that’s entirely because he’s having a lot of fun creating his own ‘normal’ persona.  He’s creating a reputation for being a bit of a Neanderthal-type guy; and may be doing that in part because he knows how much it annoys some of his favorite girls.  He and Eli are also a scary pair; and they spent too much time tonight trying to mess with Naomi and me.  They’re likely not even done with that as I write this; but they have at least given us something to talk about with our girl chat tonight – not that Naomi and I ever actually have a problem with that.

Even with the annoyances, we’ve still had a good night; and a more-exciting one than Ethan’s had since going home with Mom and Dad.  We haven’t talked with him tonight; but He and I can always sense each other no matter how far apart we are; so I know how he’s feeling – which is tired right now.

That, by the way, affects me too, but Naomi and I aren’t ready to go to sleep now anyway – as if Zack and Eli would let us quite yet even if we did want to go there.  I’m going to get back to hanging out with Naomi, though, and the next ‘attack’ is imminent anyway; so I should probably get my computer put away before I have to worry about whatever the next prank is going to be messing it up.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!