Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 17, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 17, 2018


Ethan:
Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

Tai Chi by the River was for four because Cassie and Michael slept in this morning.  Ehlana and I were happy to start Father’s Day like that with Mom and Dad.  Cassie joined us in time for breakfast in the sunroom; and then she got the clean-up job – and a bit of time with Dad – while the rest of us got ready for church.  The Father’s Day fun continued during the walk to church as we collected family and friends along the way – including some of our favorite fathers.  I love everything about our church and community, and wouldn’t want to have a super-short service or Sunday school, but Pastor Martha’s annual Father’s Day gift of a short service is really awesome!

Getting set free from Sunday school by ten-thirty was great; Mom, Dad, Ehlana, and I were home by eleven while Cassie went to the Inn with Michael; and then we had some work to do while getting our family lunch donations ready to go over to Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s.  Ehlana and I were done with the work once we helped carry the food and drinks; and then we went outside with Faith and joined the rest of our ‘kid’ cousins to pay by the river while the parents did the rest of the work for our barbeque lunch.

While it is Father’s Day, we – most of the kids – were set up with food and drinks and then allowed to sit by the river while having our lunch while the parents and grandparents had fun with roasting the guys and swapping funny or weird father-stories.  As promised, Ehlana and I played with Zack and Brianna; we ended up with Caleb too; and we went for a canoe ride; played at the park; and added in an Emporium ice cream run and a bit of swimming in the river too when we wanted to cool off.  Cassie and Michael missed out on all of that fun; and we only got to have a couple of short moments with her while we were at the Inn for the buffet dinner.

As always, I love those buffets at the Inn; and we had more fun with that today thanks to Father’s Day and the special dishes that Jacob and Jake made up for us to enjoy.  Ehlana and I can and do surprise some adults by being willing to try even the most exotic of entrees; ad we did a bit of sampling with that tonight.  We also had a lot of fun with our family and some friends that were at the Inn for the late buffet too – including Naomi, Aiden, and their families.  We had lots of people to walk home with; I got razzed for getting a hug and kiss goodnight from Naomi before she went the rest of the way home with her parents and brother; and then Ehlana and I took turns having baths and getting ready for bed while Mom and Dad both worked in the office.  Dad still had a lot to get done tonight after taking most of Saturday off because he has an especially-busy week in the city – though that isn’t all that unusual for the June trip.

Ehlana and I had a bedtime visit with them; did our own bedtime chat on her bed; and then we’ve both been doing a bit of work on our computers.  I’ve been playing around in the archives, and while any other kid my age would think that I was a total freak for wanting to spend the rest of my life reading and learning everything I can from a bunch of ancient or old books; I know that it’s what I’m meant to do – and my special gifts are uniquely-suited for that job.  We’ve had a long, hot, and fun play day, so I only read the digital equivalent of a few thousand pages, but I’ll be working in the archives a lot this summer, and have the rest of my life to learn everything there is to know in them – along with organizing the entire archive so that all Magi can make use of it; so there’s no rush!

Dad will be leaving for the city early, though, and we’ll all wake up to see him off; so I’d better wrap this up and get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:
Happy Father’s Day – to all of my favorite Dads!

Ethan will have covered the food and fun highlights of the day, and I’m a bit distracted tonight with thinking about my research at the lab; so I’ll skip writing about most of the ‘what’ we did today.  Dad had to work a lot to get ready for his trip to Crystal Springs, but we did what we could to make Father’s Day happy for him.  Cassie had to work a lot today too, so we didn’t even get to see her much, but we’re used to her helping out at the Inn on the busiest days.  The good news is that she won’t be as busy with that once she starts college; and the bad is that she’ll be away from home for most of the next five years.

I don’t want to think about that tonight – especially since I am a bit obsessed with my – our – search for a cure for the common cold.  There’s so much I want to do at the lab that I get impatient when I can’t just take what Mom, Cassie, Ethan, and I can do naturally and turn it into a cure for everyone, but it is fun when we make the kind of progress we’re having now with a cold cure; so I’ll likely stay obsessed with it through until we actually do get the job done.  Unfortunately, obsession doesn’t mean progress; it’s getting late; and I should get some sleep before we’ll need to wake up early and see Dad out and on his way to the city.

Ethan and I will also be at the lab for the morning too, so maybe if I sleep on it; I’ll come up with some new ideas for our research.  If not, I’ll at least be rested and ready to do my best while playing in my lab!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!