Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Friday, June 15, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 15, 2018


Ethan:
We’re free – at least for the summer!  My – our – last day of Grade One was short, thanks to the early-release; we played and had a party; and now we have the summer off to play – and work at the lab and archive.  Ehlana’s more-excited about the last part of that, since she’d work in her lab day and night; but I’m glad that I’ll get to play with my books in the archives too.

Playing at the lab wasn’t an option today.  Ehlana promised me that we’d take the weekend off from the lab.  Instead of doing that after school, we had a snack and chat break with Mom and Cassie that included special Olde Bakery treats; and then we met up with our friends and went biking.  Miles was with us, so that ride started with a side-trip to the new section of town so he could check out the construction work; we went to the park from there; and then rode the trails for a while.  We played at the park playground too; had ice cream treats at the Emporium to help with cooling down; and did a bit more biking before heading home.

Friday night dinner and a play night was at our house tonight; and in addition to the family; we had some extra friends too – including Naomi’s Dad and brother; and Aiden’s sister.  Being six – almost seven – does come in handy when it comes to the work that goes along with our bigger family meals; so we got to play while the parents did all the work!  It’s been another really hot day, but I like that; and it does come in handy that Ehlana and I don’t need to worry about getting sunburns.  Self-healing is fairly-awesome too!

The barbeque and side dishes food was great – and occasionally messy; thanks mostly to Zack and Eli.  We had grandparent play support after dinner; there was more biking and park play time; and then Ehlana and I got to keep Aiden and Naomi for a first sleepover of the summer.  Camping would have been an option too, but we opted for staying in the house because it’s going to be hot all night too – and because Mom and Dad didn’t really want the extra work to go along with the chores that’ll need to be done tomorrow ahead of Cassie’s grad party.

We watched a movie in Cassie’s lounge after coming in for the night; moved on to our beds after that; and Aiden and I have been playing on our Switches since then.  Cassie and Michael are home from the Inn now, but while we joked about messing around with them by sneaking downstairs and trying to catch them making out in the living room; we decided to give them a break tonight.  Aiden and I have a ball game in the morning; so I’m getting this done now before we put our games away and get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:
Naomi gave me permission to goof off and just have fun today; so I won’t write about my work at the lab tonight at all – and not just because I wasn’t allowed to go and play there anyway!

I do like to have fun with our friends too – really I do!  We even had a lot of fun with the biking, park play, and family and friends dinner and a play night; though it would have been better if Cassie could have played too instead of working at the Inn.  I’m a bit jealous of her tonight; since I really wish I could be done high school already and get to head off to college too.  Having to pretend to be a normal kid doesn’t let me do everything I’d like sometimes, but I wouldn’t want to trade Naomi and the rest of our friends for going to college early; and definitely wouldn’t want to make the choices that a certain Dark Magi Master we know of is making now as she will be heading off to Princeton in September!

Then there’s the fact that Naomi might blast Ethan if he even thought about messing up the future she has planned out for them.  I love my twin quite a lot; so I should probably just stick to the plan and be happy with all of the lab time I will get to have this summer!

I’m not supposed to write about the lab, though; so I’ll just add that we had a really good last day of Grade One; a lot of fun with the play time for the rest of the day; and Naomi and I have been keeping ourselves entertained with YouTube music videos and girl chat since saying goodnight to the boys and coming into my room for the night.  Cassie and Michael are home now; Naomi’s had a bit of fun joking about sneaking into Ethan’s room to cuddle with him like Cassie’s sure to be doing with Michael in the living room; and that’s not really a joke; since she’d be happy to have sleepovers with Ethan instead of me.

That isn’t going to happen tonight, though, and it’s time to get some sleep; since we all have a very busy day ahead of us – starting with Ethan and Aiden’s ball game in the morning and then Cassie’s grad party tomorrow night.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!