Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Winter has, for the most part, been mild so far - or awesome for the month that Cassie and Michael spent in summertime-Australia! They are home now and will be working from home for most of the time until Easter. The hometown work will include getting ready for their next trip, but there will be a lot of fun to get in on and share with their favorite people - including their March Break trip to Florida adventure. All of your favorite Magi Masters will continue to work and play while their future plans unfold; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 20, 2018


Ethan:
Today has felt a bit like a repeat of yesterday except Mom had her co-ed ball practice instead of Ehlana’s practice yesterday.  It was hot again; we had a bit of storming in the afternoon; and our evening has included some studying and a lesson with Mom before Ehlana and I wrapped up our day with our bedtime chat.  I’m tired; don’t want to do any extra reading; and don’t have anything else to add to this update; so that’s all I have for today.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:
I had fun working in the lab this morning; and we had a fun play afternoon – even with the rain delay and some annoyances from Miles and some of the other boys.  The easy-dinners are getting a bit boring after three days of them, but we had fun at the park tonight while Mom was busy with her ball practice.  We hung out at the playground; went for a swim; and watched part of Mom’s practice – though she doesn’t have quite as much fun at that when Dad isn’t with her.

Funny, I could say the same thing about Naomi and Ethan, but it’s a bit early to scare them with comments like that one.  Okay, only Ethan would be scared – and not really; but it’ll be a few years before Naomi’s parents will be ready to marry her off to my brother; so we’ll have to be happy to be kids and best friends for a while longer – like another decade and change.

That’s funny too, since Cassie and Rowen weren’t that much older than we are now when they joked about getting Uncle Adam to create an antidote to keep them from crossing over and liking boys instead of thinking that they’re gross and disgusting creatures; but then we have friends that would be interested in that antidote now – and I’ll use Miles as a prime example for why we’d want that!

For the record, I’m not picking on Miles because I ‘like’ him, if you know what I mean; since Aiden is that guy for me.  Miles just annoys all of the girls our age.  Maybe that’s his special gift – the ability to annoy girls with his Neanderthal beliefs in the superiority of the male half of the population!

Maybe instead of an antidote for boys; I should find a way to week out that Neanderthal gene instead!  I’m sure that all women would appreciate that – possibly even more than a cure for the common cold!

We’ve had a long day, though, and I need to get some sleep before I’ll be ready to try to find a cure for anything while at the lab tomorrow morning.  I’ll only have one more chance to work there this week; since we’ll be busy on Friday with our birthday and the trip to the city.  That’s going to feel like the start of the fun for our summer holidays because it’s our first outing, but while this first week of the summer hasn’t been birthday or holiday-weekend-exciting; I am having fun pretty much all of the time.  I’m also happy to be at the lab a lot now that we don’t have to play normal kids at school for the next couple of months.  I won’t be able to write about any of that work for my ‘what I did this summer’ report in September, but I’m sure we’ll have enough to write about by then – even if I can’t tell most of my friends about our efforts to cure colds and everything else we’re doing at the lab.

Writing about early bedtimes won’t work for that report either; but it’s what I’m going to get to now; so that’s it for tonight.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!