Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, June 24, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 24, 2018


Ethan:

It’s been a quiet day around here compared to the last couple of days.  Our Sunday morning was normal – both at home and church; Cassie worked the full shift at the Inn so we only saw her while we were there for the late buffet sitting; and Dad had to work too; so Ehlana and I had some play time with Mom, some of our cousins, and a few friends this afternoon while they were busy.

We had a short thunderstorm roll through mid-afternoon that cooled things down a bit without messing up our outdoor play time for too long; and Mom did a bedtime Magi lesson with us after we got back from the Inn – and while Dad wrapped up his homework for the night.  I’d comment on that for being a good reason for why I won’t grow up to be a lawyer too, but my job in the archives will likely be worse for me bringing my work home with me!  Case-in-point – I read in the digital library for almost an hour after my bath and the bedtime chat with Ehlana on her bed; and that would’ve kept Dad busy for days instead of an hour.  Even Mom, Cassie, and Ehlana would need a few hours to cover the same material; and I’m not pointing that out to brag – just as another observation for why being the Magi Archivist is going to be the perfect job for me.

I have a bit of time before I’ll be officially taking that job, though, and the focus on the reading does tire me out; so it’s time to wrap this up and get some sleep.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

I don’t really have any news from today; so let’s take a look ahead as the countdown to Cassie’s departure for college continues and we’re down to seven weeks to go until she’ll be ‘crossing over’ to that next level along with Michael, Rowen, and Tim.

We have a week and a half to go until the Fourth of July, but since it is mid-week this year; we won’t have a gang of family home for it this year.  We are still going to have a lot of fun, though, and in addition to the holiday over the next couple of weeks; we’ll have some birthday and anniversary celebrations to go along with the summer play days and the work that I want to do in my lab.  I won’t cover everything, but that’s two of seven weeks down, and when you add in the week we’ll have with our cousins in town for their annual vacation with us; that’ll cover nearly half of the time we’ll have left with Cassie before she moves into her townhouse with Rowen in August – and they’ll take possession of that townhouse – and the one that Michael and Tim are renting – on August first.

Taking that thought off-track for a moment; I’ll mention that Ethan and I really love that precedent our big sister is setting; since we have every intention of following her lead when it’s our turn – and we may just use those same two townhomes; since Ethan’s sure we can find other local friends to continue renting them between when Cassie’s done school and when we’ll start at college.

Getting back to the look ahead that isn’t quite so far out into our future; we’re not doing any vacations away this summer, but Mom, Ethan, and I may spend a couple of days in Crystal Springs the week that Dad’s there for work in July; and that’s another week of the time we have left with Cassie that’s at least partially covered of the seven.  My point seems to be that time is going to fly while we’re having fun – at a time that I wish we could drag the days out a bit more so that we could have more time with Cassie and Michael.

Maybe I should talk to them about daily time-phases to ‘make’ that extra time, but the power that would be needed to add days or weeks to our summer might be a bit too-much to ask of Mom or Cassie!

That will be a talent I plan on using when I’m old-enough to do that too; since it will come in very handy in my lab if I can do a week’s worth of research at a time in just moments.  Note to me – get Ethan to track down everything he can on the subject when that will be something we can work on; since we might want to test the limits of that ability.  We know that Magi Masters have been able to speed up or slow down time as needed; but I don’t know what the limits are.  Can time be sped up to the point where years can go by in an instant – which would appear as though everything else had stopped to the Magi in that time phase?  Can it be slowed to that same degree – which would make it look like the Magi in that type of time phase were statues to anyone looking in from the outside?  I don’t know – and have no idea how much power would be required for either.

It might be fun to try and then come out of it a year or two older than Ethan, though! ;^)

Then again, it would suck if he starts looking a lot younger than me if I did that too-often; so maybe I’ll think about that a bit longer.  I would not want to look sixty when he looks thirty or forty!

My thoughts are wandering around a lot tonight, so maybe I’d better just wrap this up and get some sleep.  We did have a good day today – if not very exciting compared to the last couple of days, and this really awesome birthday weekend; so I’m grateful for all of that – and thankful for everyone we love that helped to share all of that happy and fun with Ethan and me.  I really need to remember to tell people that more-often; since we truly are blessed here in our little town!

Ethan and I are also fairly-lucky that Mom and Cassie picked our town when they moved here, but now I’m really wandering off on another mental side-trip, so let’s wrap this up; and maybe I’ll spend some time dreaming about alternate realities for what might have been if they hadn’t – and Ethan and I had a very different life here; or an equally-odd life elsewhere.  I don’t know if I could dream of an option where we didn’t exist at all, since I wouldn’t be there to observe that alternate reality; but then that might be preferable to other, darker possibilities such as a future where Ethan and I had Hathorne for a last name!

That’d be a nightmare – not a dream; so let’s not go there; and I’ll end thus update before it gets any weirder!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!