Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 23, 2018


Ethan:
It almost felt as though we’ve had two days to celebrate our birthday because Mom and Dad gave Ehlana and me a chore-free day.  Tai Chi by the river with the extra exercise buddies was great; breakfast for sixteen was a blast; and then we got to play all day with six of our friends while the others had to go home and on to other things with their own families. While Mom, Dad, and Cassie did the chores around the house and yard; we played at the park; went swimming; rode our bikes on the trails; and went for a canoe ride.  We had lunch and dinner at home; went to the park in the evening for Mom and Dad’s ball game; and watched them lose to Emerson’s Exterminators in a close game that swung on a three-run homer that our team couldn’t overcome before they ran out of innings.

The ball players were heading to Sheldon’s after that game, but while babysitting services were being offered at Uncle Adam and Aunt Leanne’s, Mom and Dad didn’t want to do that tonight after a couple of too-long days; so they brought Ehlana and me home with them; Ehlana and I took baths because we needed them; and then we all went to bed.  I won’t comment on what the parents have been doing since then because I’m a kid and will pretend that I don’t know as much as I do about my parents!

That sounds like a very good reason for me to move on to doing anything else too; so that’s all for this report.

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:
We’ve had a really great play day!  The weather was awesome; we had a fun start to the day with the end to the sleepover and an awesome breakfast for sixteen after Tai Chi by the river for eight; and then Ethan and I had six friends with us for our play day while Mom, Dad, and Cassie took care of the yard and house weekend chores.  My favorite parts of the day included the biking on the trails, the canoe ride, and the swimming; while Ethan, Aiden, and the other guys might have liked the meals the best – if the amount of food they ate is any indication!

The baseball game might have been a highlight too; except that Landry’s Locusts were ‘exterminated’ by the co-ed team that the Emersons are sponsoring this season; so we could only have fun cheering our team on until that sad end for our favorite co-ed team.  Mom and Dad did not go to the after-game fun at Sheldon’s, so we didn’t end up with Brianna, Zack, and the other kids being babysat for a few hours tonight at their house.  Instead of doing that, we came home; Ethan and I hit the tubs to get cleaned up; had our bedtime chat with Mom and Dad; and have been in our beds since then.

I’ve been doing a bit of work and research, but want to catch up on my sleep while we can; so I’m about ready to go and do that once I have this update finished.  Cassie will be done work soon, but will probably go out for pizza and then hang out with Michael for a while – and won’t want Ethan or me around for that quiet time with her boyfriend; so I won’t wait up for her tonight either.  It would have been nice to play with her today too, but it is summer; she’s a teen getting ready to go away to college; and will have to work a lot – just as every other teen around here does once they’re old-enough to work.

I’m so glad that my part-time job is getting to play in my lab instead of – well, nothing; since seven-year old kids aren’t allowed to have jobs!

Having the option to go to sleep early because I’m a kid is occasionally convenient too, and tonight is one of those times when it does work for me; so that’s what I’m going to do starting right now!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!