Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, June 18, 2018

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - June 18, 2018


Ethan:
Dad’s in the city, and while I didn’t wake up early to see him off; we are always connected – even when he’s far-enough away that he can’t sense that link the same way that Mom, Cassie, Ehlana, and I can; so it’s all good – and we’ll see him on Friday when we’re in the city for the shopping trip and our birthday dinner party.

While we always miss Dad when he’s away, we’ve also had a busy day.  Tai Chi by the river and breakfast was followed by a morning at the lab for Ehlana and me; and I was happy to get to spend an entire morning in our archives while Ehlana played around with the cold cure research in her lab – after getting Uncle Adam to draw some of my blood to use in that work.  I didn’t have anyone in the archives with me today, but then the access to the archives is restricted; and Mom, Grandma Eleanor, and Grandpa Grant are the only Magi likely to be there on a weekday morning anyway.  I’d be happy to work in my archives all-day, every day, but can’t do that and play ‘normal’ kid too; so I worked until lunchtime; we headed home with Uncle Adam and everyone else at the lab that was coming over for Violet’s twenty-third birthday luncheon; and then we had fun with that for an hour or so – including the clean-up once everyone else went back to work or elsewhere.

Ehlana and I got to go with Cassie and Michael to pick up Cassie’s car at Landry’s after that; they took us for a drive out to the whirlpool and back for the first test drive; and then Cassie took Mom for a drive too while Ehlana and I were set free to hop on our bikes and go hang out with our friends for the rest of the day.  We met up with Naomi and Aiden first; went biking at the park; hung out at the playground; had ice cream treats at our house with a small gang of our friends; went for a couple of swims; and then Mom had four of us for an easy dinner before we Aiden and I went to our ball practice.  Mom, Ehlana, and Naomi came to watch too – and hang out with the other kids and adults, but it was hot out; and there wasn’t a big turnout for that.

We came home from that practice; went for another swim; had an ice cream break; and then Ehlana and I took Silkie for a bedtime walk that included walking Naomi and Aiden back to their houses.  By then, Mom didn’t have to encourage us to go to bed – Ehlana and I were ready to do that.  We had our usual bedtime chat; I’ve done a bit of light archive reading – barely eleven-hundred pages; and now I’m ready to get some sleep.  There are still three more days and four nights until our seventh birthday and the trip to the city, but we have a lot on the go too – including more work at the lab and play time with our friends; so I’m sure that our first week of summer holidays will continue to be a lot of fun!

That isn’t really news, since I think we have fun all of the time, but I’ve had enough fun for today; so it’s time to put my toys away and get on with a bit of quality nap time!

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:
We did not cure the common cold today!

I didn’t actually expect that to happen, but our tests on the latest extracts from the plants we’re engineering were a flop; so we’ll hopefully learn from those failures and move on to something better.  That is frustrating, but I am still only an almost-seven-year-old doctoral student; and still have a lot to learn even as we’re taking research to a whole new level here in Witch Falls!

Violet’s birthday luncheon went better than my research this morning; and I’m so glad that they’re home to stay now that they’re done school – though Dillon may decide to work on his own doctoral degree part-time while working at the lab.  I don’t think that he needs that piece of paper, but then I’ll be doing that when I get to officially go to college in about eleven years; so I’ll be happy to help him out with that if he does decide to do that.  Going for a ride in Cassie’s new car after lunch was really just a cameo bit of fun, but then I’m not sure that I like her car; since it’s now a daily reminder sitting in our driveway that she’ll be leaving for college in August.  We’ll always be close, but I’m really going to miss her over the next five years!

That isn’t something I could say about Miles and a couple of the other guys in our usual group of friends – especially when they’ve been a bit annoying today while we played and biked at the park, but their families would likely miss them; so Mom probably won’t let Naomi and me do anything to them that would make them disappear for a while – like until after they’re grown up.  Miles is scary now; so I don’t think we want to know what he’ll be like as a teen!

It was hot out today, but we kept cool with swims and ice cream treats; and had a fun afternoon with our friends – even with those boy-related annoyances.  Ethan and I had Naomi and Aiden with us for our easy-dinner with Mom before the boys had their ball practice; Mom, Naomi, and I went along; and we kept ourselves entertained while Ethan and Aiden played with their team mates for an hour.  I’ll admit that some of that fun was at the expense of the baseball bloopers, but that’s totally wrong of us – and still funny all the same.

The swim time back at home and ice cream treats helped us to cool down; Ethan, Silkie, and I walked Naomi and Aiden home after that; and then we pretty much came up to bed for the night.  I’ve only done a bit of work on my research, but that’s entirely because I need a bit of time to just think about what we’re continuing to do right now; so I mostly just reviewed the rest of the projects we have on the go; made some notes; and offered a few digital suggestions for two of those projects.  I’m not a pushy, hands-on kind of unofficial head researcher, but I do offer my suggestions fairly-regularly when I have ideas that I think will help.

The only help I personally need right now, though, is to sleep on my own research problems; so I guess that’s it for tonight.

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!