Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Cassie's Journal - November 23, 2017



Happy Thanksgiving!

We’ve had a blast today; and that was, in part, thanks to having beautiful weather with sunny skies and temperatures that climbed from freezing up to the low-sixties this afternoon!

The cold this morning didn’t keep us from Tai Chi by the river; so that was a great start to the day.  Michael and I were with our own families for breakfast because we were helping out with chores and cooking too; but we got together again by late morning and spent the rest of the day together.  I’m not going to cover every detail from the fun we’ve had today; but will list some of the highlights.

Family and friends time tops my personal list, but on the things we did for fun list; let’s put the two Thanksgiving dinners at the top; follow that up with the afternoon bike ride with the younger kids in our families and play time at the park that we did between meals; and add in catching some television entertainment that included a parade, several football games, and a Hallmark Christmas movie.

Rebecca, Lucas, and Jen are home for part of the long weekend, but while I haven’t mentioned it; Rebecca and Jen have also worked at their part-time pizza jobs instead of coming home for their study break week; and are going to keep up with that work so they’ll learn everything they’ll need for starting their new pizzeria next year.  It was nice to see Rebecca and Lucas; though we didn’t get to spend a lot of time with them because they went out to the farm for the night after the Bassett family dinner; and Michael and I will be gone for most of the next two days.

While we had fun too, Michael and I also worked a fair bit too; so the play time had to be worked in around the chores and major meals.  Michael also needed to head for bed comparatively-early too; since Coach Robinson ordered that ahead of their championship game.  That wasn’t a big deal at his house, since Jacob and Miranda turned in early too ahead of the breakfast buffet they’re having for the Black Friday sales event around town; but they fun didn’t end early here as football and Christmas movies were all part of the evening entertainment for my family and some friends – and our living room and my lounge were where we gathered for that fun.

I do need to get up early for the trip to Central State, though, so I came into my room and got ready for bed after that Hallmark movie.  Mandy and I have Brianna for a cuddle buddy tonight, and she’ll be staying the night; but I’ll have to move her in with Mom and Dad in the morning – if she doesn’t just wake up and want to party again when I head out for my adventures in championship football and cheerleading.  There wasn’t any family business work that needed to get done tonight, but I did do a full email and computer check – including a check of the Hathorne Industries systems.

That is something that Mom and I still do regularly, and while I don’t usually mention that very often in my journal; I checked tonight because we know they’re aware that I’ll be away from home overnight.  As of right now, there is no hint that I have any need to worry about any unwanted company while I’m away; but I’m still going to keep an eye on that side of my biological family and know that they haven’t given up on us entirely – or they wouldn’t still be spending so much effort keeping track of us.

Instead of worrying about that, though, I’ll just be thankful for all of the danger-free time that Mom and I have been blessed with since that stopped a year or so after we moved here.

This is Thanksgiving; so I should also mention a few other blessings before wrapping this up and getting to sleep.

Mom, Dad, Ethan, Ehlana, and our amazing adopted family gets top-billing for that; followed closely by Michael, his family, Rowen, and Tim.  I’m blessed to have such a great community to live in; friends to share all of the happiness with; and all of the opportunities we have here at home and in our country in general.  I’m thankful for all of the gifts I’ve been given by a God who loves all of us; and I am so awed to have a Magi Master’s relationship with him – a connection that is as much a part of me as the links I have with Mom, Dad, and everyone else I’ve connected with on a Magi-powered, spiritual level.

Okay, that’s enough of that!  I’ll go back to my usual teen-level reporting now – or starting with my next update and the big football report!  For now, I need to get started on the sleeping part of my night; since I really do want to be ready for all of the fun we’ll be having over the next two days!

I’ve loved everything about our Thanksgiving, and while we were busy with sharing our time with two families, having an away weekend for our extended families made it easier to have more fun with our home-town grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins; so that was another blessing for us to enjoy!  I’m going to miss not getting to share in the fun for the shopping day tomorrow or the fun that’s planned for Saturday either, but I’ll hope that Michael and Tim will help our team win another Championship – and that we have an amazing two days with our team mates and friends!

That’s something that will have to wait for the next update, but you can flip a digital page in the future and find out right away while I need to go out and live it first; so I’m going to wrap this up and get to doing that – starting with the extended nap time with Brianna and Mandy!

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!