Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Cassie's Journal - November 22, 2017



Welcome home, Grandma and Grandpa!

The holiday weekend is finally here, and while they’ll only be here for a visit before heading back to Arizona, and I’m going to be too busy to spend much time with them; I am really glad that they’re here – and I did get to spend some time with them tonight while we had a bit of a working family dinner at our house.  That was fun, but while it’s nice to have them home; we’ll be having a fairly-quiet weekend too.  Uncle Mark, Aunt Grace, and the kids are spending the weekend with her family; Violet and Dillon are in Woodvale for the next two days; and Uncle Nick, Aunt Deborah, and their kids will be spending more time with his family than ours – and doing a bit of traveling too.

Getting back to my news of the day, we had a quiet day at school, with my lunchtime cheerleading practice being the highlight in an otherwise uneventful day as we played more than we worked ahead of the Thanksgiving break.  I ended up helping out at the Inn for the early dinner prep work and the first dinner rush, but then I came home; joined in for the late dinner there that was put on hold because of the pre-holiday busy at the clinic that Uncle Adam had to deal with while Uncle Mark was already on the road for Granite Park.  We – the kids – all loved getting to have that meal with our grandparents; Grandpa kept us entertained with his stories from Arizona; and then we were all in the kitchen while the last bits of holiday baking was finished.

I went back to the Inn an hour ahead of close to help Miranda and Stephanie because they had a full Inn for the holiday; some of the guests were still checking in; and the library needed to be set up for the holiday self-serve breakfast that their guests will be enjoying in the morning.  I had that work done by the time Michael was finished for the night, so I went home with him; we had a bit of cuddle time on a sofa in the living room while having a bedtime chat with his parents; and then they all went to bed while I came home at a bit after eleven o’clock.  The Stone family isn’t home for the holiday either, but Jacob and Miranda are hosting the Bassett family for their big family meal; and they’ll be up early to deal with that – just as we’ll be doing that here for our family dinner.

I’ll be helping out with that, but Michael and I will be juggling an early dinner at his house with a not-really-that-late one at mine; so we are both going to be very busy all day tomorrow!

While I had my work for the week finished, after getting home and having a bedtime visit with Mom, Dad, and the twins; I ended up doing some work in my room when I had a few things come up through my email.  Yes, I could have left it, but I used a time phase; and it isn’t all that late – so getting some extra sleep compared to normal is still an option.  Michael and I will be work-free for the next two and a half days – other than helping out around our houses; so that will be all of the work for me until we get home from the championship game and work the dinner-to-close shift on Saturday.

I can write about all of that over the next few days, though, and I really want to just call it a night now and get started on that sleeping part of my night; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!