Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Cassie's Journal - November 20, 2017



We’ve had such a nice weather day that it’s a shame that I spent most of my time indoors!

Tai Chi by the river was a bit chilly, but the sunrise and time with Michael and my family was worth it; and then we had a nice, hot breakfast before getting ready for work or school.  Thanksgiving is the theme of the week at school, and we’re doing less work and having more fun since none of us are really all that motivated to study hard when we’re heading into a four-day weekend!  The toughest part of my day was our cheerleading practice at lunchtime.  We only have these three school days to get ready to do our best for the team, our school, and town while on the big stage of the central college football stadium; and Rowen wants to make sure we leave a good impression.

I wasn’t trying to make an impression after school – I just wanted to help Mom and Dad with the work around the house because I haven’t been able to do that so far.  We don’t have any weekend guests this year, and it’s an away family Thanksgiving, but we are still hosting a Thanksgiving dinner; we’ll be doing a lot of things with our family and friends; and that still means there is a lot of work that goes into that – including extra house cleaning and pre-cooking meals.  Mom’s doing some home-baking this year too; though we still have a big order in with the Olde Bakery so that she doesn’t need to bake day and night.

My jobs after school and this evening were cleaning and cooling-related, but Michael came over for dinner; we did our homework and had a music practice too; and Mom did a short Magi lesson with us that was also multi-tasking the work.

For the record, we did not burn a single cookie while baking them with Magi-powered elements; and Ethan was just trying to make jokes about that! ;^)

Michael went home at eleven; I came up to my room; and have put in a lot of time on my work and studies because I really only have tonight and tomorrow night to get everything done ahead of the holiday.  I could work Wednesday night too, but would rather get started on our holiday weekend fun instead – and may need to help out at the Inn too if they have a busy night.

That isn’t all of my news for the night.  I haven’t seen them much yet – just a cameo visit after they finished work at the lab, but Violet and Dillon are home – if only for a few days.  They were in Woodvale on the weekend while on break from college; they’ll be working here until Wednesday; go back to Woodvale for Thursday and Friday; and then come back here for the weekend.  They’ll actually be staying a bit longer so that they can work on their respective Master’s theses at the lab, but I’ll have to keep you posted on when they’ll head back to college so that they’ll be there in time for final exams and the work they’re doing as TA’s as well.  I may not get to see them much, but it is still nice to have them home!

Finally, I’ll mention, just for the record, that there may be a new teen love connection in the works this week.  Rumor has it that Emma Norton and Jimmy Sheldon are on the way to officially being a couple.  Emma’s been reluctant to join the club of cheerleaders dating football players, so maybe the end of the season has something to do with this news, but whatever the reason – I predict that our young friends are going to have a happiest-ever kind of Christmas this year!

I know that news might seem silly to add here, but there will be a future connection that will be very important to me – especially once Emma and I both have Rebecca for a sister-in-law!

That brings up all sorts of thoughts about our collective future, but that’ll have to be something to write about in a future update.  I’ve had a really good day even with all of the work, but I need to nap while I can; since this is going to be another very busy holiday weekend.  That’s true for the two days we have left ahead of the holiday, since we have more work to do around here and I have cheerleading, band, and teen praise team practices to add into the mix; so I really do need to get on with my nap now so I can keep up with everything.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!