Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** Sping is in the air in Witch Falls, and while Cassie and Michael are sharing their Light with the world; most of our favorite Magi are enjoying their home town adventures with most of their favorite people - whether that is at work or play! Whether at home or elsewhere in the world, there is a lot going on for all of our favorite Magi as we head through Spring toward the first holiday weekend of the summer season at the end of May. You won't want to miss out on any of the action; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Cassie's Journal - November 11, 2017



The make-out time and sleepover with Michael was great, but we didn’t get much sleep before waking again and getting ready for the breakfast shift at the Inn.  I worked that full shift because we were busy; Michael and I went to the cemetery for the small service they have there for Veteran’s Day after that; and then he went back to work while I went home and joined in on the fall clean-up chores while I could until going back to the Inn for the dinner-to-close shift.

That doesn’t sound exciting, but I did have fun all day today even with all of the work.  Our night wasn’t too busy, but we were light on staff expecting that, and it is comparative; since we are busier than before the remodel – particularly since Miranda and Stephanie are booking group getaway weekends pretty much every weekend – thanks to a bit of help here and there from our family business.  That, by the way, isn’t a big deal.  A small-town getaway is different for most of the people we encourage to try the Inn out, but the destination is just a new addition for companies we own in the region that the managers can use now for various reasons including incentives or training; and we are getting a lot of good feedback from the employees and sometimes their families or other guests.

That’s getting a bit off-track; since the only way that affected my day was the work I did to help get everything set up tonight for the self-serve breakfast in the morning for our weekend guests.  Having that as one of my closing jobs didn’t keep us there late – it was just one of the jobs that most of our co-workers prefer not to do compared to the rest of the work that needs to be done on Saturday night to get the kitchen and dining rooms set up for the lunch shift on Sunday.  I walked Michael home; only had a bit of cuddle time with him; and then left him to possibly fall asleep on the sofa while watching college football while I came home and got ready for bed after short visits with Mom, Dad, and the twins while on my way up to bed.

I really need to get the sleep again now, and won’t be able to have an early night tomorrow; which is why I only did the basics for my bedtime computing tonight.  I had one bit of family business work to handle, but that didn’t take long, and now that I have this update nearly finished; I’m ready to get started on that nap.  Tomorrow is going to be a work day for me too, but I need to put in extra time this weekend because I’m going to be too busy to do that as we head into Thanksgiving and Christmas.

That’s going to be for ongoing reasons that I’ll write about as the news happens, and that really is all I have for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!