Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Cassie's Journal - November 9, 2016



Happy 15th Birthday, Jillian!

Michael and I sent a gift to her, but I haven’t talked to Jillian or Dawn at all today; so I don’t know how her day has gone – though I do expect to get an email or two from them sometime tonight with that news.

My day hasn’t been birthday party kind of exciting, but then I’ve been a bit tired out today – even after doing a bit of self-healing this morning.  That’s why I’m not going to be spending much time writing this update; since I’m already in bed and pretty much ready to crash and nap for the next eight or nine hours to play catch-up on my lack of sleep.

As you can guess, a lot of people are tired this morning after staying up late to watch the news from election night.  The general reaction over the results is muted; but then it would have been the same if Hillary Clinton had been elected too.  Honestly, most of the adults around here just don’t expect that it matters which politicians are in the White House, Senate, or House of Representatives.  Maybe I’ll do a one-year recap sometime next November and let you know whether we all get a surprise and something actually gets done in Washington.  We won’t wait on that here, though, and just take care of ourselves and our family, friends, and neighbors instead.  I’d make comments on that about politicians; but I’ve had enough of politics to last me until the next election – and then some.

Moving along, my morning was quiet because Mom, Dad, and I were all a bit tired.  That’s a fair statement of how I felt for most of the day; though I managed to fake it while at school and with my friends and classmates.  The political post-mortem wasn’t really any fun for me; so let’s just skip that news and pretend that all of the idiocies being spouted in the media and talked about around school and town today are now history.  The good news for us at least for at school, though, is that we have a second-round playoff game to talk about and get ready for on Friday; so this should be the only day where the election is news at all.

I came home after school; used the time until dinner to do my homework and most of my family business work; and then I helped Mom with making dinner and cleaning up from the meal afterward for a break before doing my language studies and Magi lesson after dinner.  Dad worked while I did that; Ethan and Ehlana studied; and Mom worked on the family business when she wasn’t doing my lesson.  I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana into bed early, but they didn’t go right off to sleep; and were both using their iPads when I left them and came up to my room.  I got ready for bed right away; did one quick email check; and I really will be out for the count shortly after wrapping up this report.  This will be my last chance for a decent night of continual down time from now through the weekend; and I’m going to take advantage of the opportunity – even though I really would prefer to have some extra time with Michael instead.

He needs the break now and then too, and I can’t heal both of us every day just for being too tired; so that is best for both of us – if not nearly as much fun! ;^)

Okay, that’s it; I’m done; and it’s time for me to go into nap mode now; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!