Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Cassie's Journal - November 22, 2016



Okay, this has been a crazy-busy day!

First up, we’ve had rain on and off all day; and that’s made some of the work and play around here a bit uncomfortable.  Tai Chi was outdoors but cut short when we started to get rained on; my lunchtime cheerleading practice was in the gym because it was too wet to do that outside; and we got fairly wet this afternoon while unloading the fruit and vegetable boxes delivery during our last two classes of the day.  After that, I skipped the concert band practice so that I could help with the order pick-ups after school – and then do my own deliveries with some help from Violet and Dillon because Mom got them to volunteer to help so that she could keep on with the baking she was doing today.

This, by the way, is not a special occasion year or anything – Mom just wanted to do the baking instead of buying everything from the Olde Bakery.  She isn’t planning on doing that at Christmas too.

Moving along, our marching band practice was outdoors too, and we did get wet; but needed that training too since we will get rained or snowed on sometime over the next half-year or so and we should be ready to handle the challenges that go along with playing music in bad weather.  Sure, that’s different in some ways depending on the instrument; but that just meant that we had a lot to teach today – including how to care for wet instruments at the end of practice to keep them from being damaged.

We also had to get almost all of the fruit and vegetable boxes orders picked up – particularly by the Maple Valley members; and then there were the Christmas ornaments.  The official start for the ornament sales is tomorrow, but band members could pick up cases of them to have at home – and hopefully sell a lot of them over the holiday weekend.  I haven’t mentioned that fundraiser in my journal since the last marching band planning meeting, but then I haven’t been involved in that project directly – except for the little recording we did for the music.  They are musical ornaments; and the little song snippet should make for a perfect addition to any Christmas tree!  I’ll keep you posted on how the sales go for that, but we have a limited supply; and expect to sell out – not have problems with stock left over that we can’t sell.

Moving along, because I was busy with the extra fundraising work, I was later than most of the other teens for our praise team practice, but Michael went on ahead because he is the lead guitarist.  That practice started late too; so it was past-ten before we were out of the church and on the way to my house.  I’d expected that, since we did need to get ready for the service on Sunday; but it has made it tough to get everything else done tonight – especially when we only have one more day of school ahead of the holiday.

I mentioned Violet and Dillon earlier, but haven’t mentioned them in my journal lately or even report on what they’ve been doing for the first half of their fall break.  They went to Woodvale last Friday and spent the weekend there with her family.  They got home by late morning today; and will be staying here until heading back to college on Sunday.  It was nice to have a quick chat with them while doing my fundraiser deliveries, but that didn’t take long; and I didn’t get to talk with them much tonight because they were getting ready to head over to Dillon’s house for the night when Michael and I got home.  They’re staying with his family this time because they can do that more easily now that Isabelle and Andrew are married; but then they are also making it easier for Mom and Dad since we’ll have the rest of the Rice clan at our house for the next four nights.

Michael and I talked with them, Mom, Dad, and the twins for about fifteen minutes; we took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night after Violet and Dillon left; and then we did our homework in the office so that we could talk with Mom and Dad while they worked too.  Mom did a Magi lesson with Michael and me after that; he headed home; and I kept working in the office until Mom and Dad were ready to pack up and head for bed.  I came up to my room then; kept working and studying until I had everything finished so that I’ll only need to deal with must-do family business work until after the holiday; and now I’m ready to crash and nap for a couple of hours before we’ll be getting up and started on the last day of classes ahead of the Thanksgiving weekend adventures.

The crazy and busy is just going to get more extreme from here, and I’ll need what rest I can get when sleeping is an option, so that’s all for now; and, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!