Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Cassie's Journal - November 27, 2016



Our Thanksgiving holiday weekend is over now as I write this, and we’ll be back to school again in the morning; but the Christmas holiday feeling is in the air and we are going to keep having fun over the next four weeks – even as we’ll be busy with work and all of the rest of our daily responsibilities.  I’m not going to get into any of that tonight because it’s really late and I need to have a nap before getting up and going again; so let’s just get to the report for today so that I can do that sooner instead of later.

Tai Chi by the river was fun, and not too chilly; and we dodged the rain for that too – a theme that continued throughout the day for me.  Breakfast for our gang was crazy, but while I helped with some of the prep work; I actually had breakfast at Michael’s house with his family – and then helped with the post-breakfast clean-up there before Michael and I had to hurry to church to warm up with the teen praise team.  I feel as though I’ve been on the go all day because I have been.  We were busy at church from the time we got there until we needed to hurry again and get to the Inn to help with the prep work for the first lunch buffet.  Today was also the first Sunday in Advent, so we had a lot to celebrate at church; and our teens and teen praise team helped to make the service fun and upbeat as we led our congregation with amazing music, skits, and everything else we did during that hour and a half of high-energy praise and worship.

High energy was needed for the rest of the day at the Inn.  It was all hands on deck; each of the four buffets were sold out; and we turned as many extra tables as possible for the extra diners that hoped to get in on one of the buffets even when it meant having to wait for tables to clear.  I mentioned dodging the rain today; and I managed to do that whenever I needed to be outside.  I didn’t get out much, but did do a round of goodbyes with my outbound family during the afternoon break with Michael; and I was glad about staying dry when working while damp wouldn’t have been fun at all.  We did the best we could for having fun while we worked today, but sometimes we really are too busy to have much fun; and today was one of those days.

While I worked, I missed out on all of the family fun – including the second buffet that they attended before everyone headed out of town.  Michael’s family came to the first buffet and left after that; which is why we didn’t get a chance to spend any time with them after breakfast except for a quick round of goodbyes at the Inn.  Rebecca and Lucas went home to help them with loading up before they hit the road; but then she came back to work as soon as they left while Lucas headed home after staying for the first buffet with his family.

We were behind on the clean-up by the end of the fourth buffet, so it was going on eleven by the time we closed the Inn and came home.  I only had a short goodnight visit with Michael at his house on the way to mine; had a short visit with Mom and Dad in the office before coming up to my room; and then began to multi-task my work while having a long soak in my Jacuzzi.  I used a time phase when I could; worked in real time when I couldn’t; and it took three and a half hours to get everything finished – real time hours.  I couldn’t procrastinate on anything tonight because we have a busy week ahead even with football season over for our team.

The highlights for the coming week include Rowen’s and Rebecca’s birthdays – among others; the Pinehurst Christmas parade on Friday night; the kids’ Christmas shopping trip on Saturday; and our now-annual visit to the Christmas tree farm to pick out our trees next Sunday afternoon.  I’m getting tired just thinking about all of that, and since I have pretty much covered the must-write news, I guess it’s okay to wrap this up and get some sleep; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!