Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Cassie's Journal - November 19, 2016



It was cold out this morning when I met up with Michael and we walked to the Inn with his Dad to get started on the prep work for breakfast; and it didn’t get all that much warmer through the rest of the day.  Being in the kitchen where it was warm and cozy for a few hours made the work more fun compared to the outdoor chores I moved on to do with Dad after the main rush was done at the Inn, but that work needed to be done too; and Dad and I did manage to get everything done by mid-afternoon.  My work wasn’t done yet then, since the chores and some holiday cooking and baking was going on inside; but I did get cleaned up first before helping Mom for another couple of hours.

Those chores and the cooking was more fun again because we were cheating a bit and using our Magi talents to speed up the work.  That was especially entertaining because we had four junior helpers using their special gifts too; and they had fun playing a bit while doing their chores too.  We wrapped up the work at six; and the four kids are already gone because Aiden’s parents came by to get all of them on the way home from the bakery.  They’re keeping them overnight too, and I’m going to spend the night at Michael’s house; so Mom and Dad will soon be starting their kid-free night.  I am going to have dinner with them, but I’m writing this while getting ready for my night out; and I’ll be leaving after helping with the clean-up.  I could have left before dinner too, but would only end up working at the Inn anyway; since Michael and Rebecca are both working the dinner shift and nobody is home at their place right now.

I’ll still end up helping with the post-dinner clean-up, but that’ll get all of us out of the Inn a bit earlier than planned; and then we’ll get to our teen night plans.  We haven’t come up with anything major for that, but Lucas is spending the night at the Stone’s house too; and we’re going to watch a couple of Christmas movies before turning in for the night.  Jacob and Miranda may watch the first one with us – unless they decide to go out or something for a couple of hours instead.  I’ll keep you posted on that with the next update – along with the rest of the news from our teen night and sleepover.

Michael and I haven’t gotten to spend much time with Rebecca and Lucas lately – except for with football and band; so I’m looking forward to having an evening with them where we’re not just part of a bigger group.  I’m not taking my computer along tonight, which is why I’m writing this and already have my email check done for the night.  There wasn’t any must-do work waiting for me, so I don’t have to deal with any family business issues; and I’m glad to take the night off.

Now I just need to figure out how to stay awake for very long once we do have all of the work done and can relax for a few hours.  A little bit of self-healing is an option, but I haven’t decided whether to do that or shoot for an unplanned sofa sleepover with Michael. ;^)

That’ll be news for tomorrow too, but I need to wrap this up and make sure that Mandy has everything she needs for the night while I’m gone – and the twins are away too.

Yes, Mom and Dad are still here, and so is Silkie, but the pets won’t likely be getting invitations to spend the night with our parents tonight; and Mandy doesn’t usually cuddle with Silkie unless she’s feeling very generous – or too tired to bother moving when Silkie tries to cuddle with her.  Speaking of our adorable little dog, I should probably take her for a walk too before heading to the Inn after dinner, and that’s one more job to do before I go; so it’s really time to wrap this up and move on to life out here in the real world.

Until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!