Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Cassie's Journal - September 13, 2016



Happy 16th Birthday, Karla!

We had a bit of a birthday moment for her at lunchtime, but Michael, Tim, Rowen, and I could only stop by for a visit to her birthday party between practices.  That party, by the way, was at Brock’s house because none of us would have had time to go out to Karla’s farm for a birthday party; and that included Karla and Brock because they’re in the marching band too.  Karla got her license today, though, so that was what she cared most about – just as pretty much every farm kids do when it’s their turn to reach that level of teen freedom.

I’m glad that Karla has had a good day.  Mine has been pretty good too; though it has been too long; and I’m exhausted as I write this report.  My morning started out quietly-enough; and the birthday fun at lunchtime was the highlight of our school day.  Life got busier for me with the start of our concert band practice.  That wasn’t as much fun without Michael, but as usual; he was at football practice instead.  Rowen and I still had fun with that practice; we managed to work on four of the songs we’ll be learning over the next couple of months; and then we did a bit of work on the fundraising side of the marching band until Michael and Tim were finished their practice and we could run over to Brock’s house for our cameo visit to Karla’s party.  I needed to be back to the school quickly so that I could deal with more fundraising issues as the band members arrived and wanted to deal with things like new orders for the fruit and vegetable boxes; helping with the raffle tickets and money coming in from them; and a bit of work with the band uniforms – particularly for teens looking to get the heavier clothes that we’ll all need this fall and winter.

Our marching band practice was busy as we continued to work on both the music and our half-time marching routine.  Michael and I had a lot of fun with all of that, and though he was getting tired after a long football practice; that didn’t get in the way of playing great and keeping up with me.

Don’t laugh at that – keeping up with a hyper-active Magi Master is tougher than you might think! ;^)

The marching band practice went long again; so our teen praise team practice was delayed by nearly a half hour.  Stacey doesn’t mind that delay, and she was at the school for the last bit of our marching band practice to watch the show while waiting for those of us on the praise team to be ready to practice with her.  We do have a bit of time to get ready for the next church service the teens will be leading; so that practice was kept shorter so that we could get home and start in on our homework – for those of us unable to do that earlier.  It was still past-nine before Michael came home with me and we could get started on our homework.  We did that in the office so that we could talk with Mom, Dad, and the twins while they worked or studied too; so we had fun with that as well; and Mom did another Magi lesson with both of us after we had the studying finished – and before Michael headed home for the night at a bit after eleven o’clock.

I took care of getting Ethan and Ehlana tucked in for the night after seeing Michael out with goodnight hugs and kisses on the front porch; and then it was time for me to get to work on everything else I still needed to get done once I was changed and into bed for the night too.  I didn’t feel up to a time phase, but did work as quickly as I could using other Magi-powered talents.  It’s still been hours since I started that work; which is why I’m beyond exhausted now.  There was a lot of family business work to do – more than I’d expected; and then I got bogged down with my language studies for a while – partly because the work was so boring and made me sleepy.  Since all of that took so long, I kept the final computer check shorter; and didn’t bother dealing with a handful of email that can wait for tomorrow.

This update is all I have left before crashing for the bit of nap time I have left before it’ll be time to get up and going again.  I won’t say that all of the work and studying has been fun tonight, since it hasn’t been, but I wasn’t kidding about it being a good day; and that isn’t always true for these extremely-long days.  Getting some sleep now will be really good too, though, and I’ve had enough fun for tonight; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!