Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, July 22, 2019

Ethan's and Ehlana's Journals - July 22, 2019


Ethan:

Life is sometimes weird! ;^)

No, I’m not about to report an alien invasion in our little home town, and maybe that’s a bit over-stated; but that’s still how I feel tonight as I get ready to sleep.

Cassie and Michael’s wedding is the priority for most of the adults in our family – at least locally – this week.  Ehlana and I are involved in helping out too, but the weird comes in when we mix that with all of the completely-normal action going on for us too.  Today is a good example of that.  We helped Mom with some wedding-related chores this morning; were set free for an hour or so of lab or archives play time; lunch was also a wedding update meeting; and then Ehlana and I were sent off to play all afternoon with our friends – and be out of the way so that Mom could get more done without any kids around the house.  There was a fairly-normal early dinner; Aiden and I had our ball practice; and then there has been more wedding work tonight – though Dad had to do homework in the office because he’s trying to work ahead and be ready to take the weekend off.

I was back to normal with the need for a shower after all of the outdoor play time when we were sent to bed.  Ehlana’s opted for another soak in her Jacuzzi; and the work continues without us downstairs as Mom and Dad both plan on working late.  Bedtime is semi-normal tonight, and I’ll take that too; since we’re sure to get busier as the week rolls along.  That’s all I have; it doesn’t sound as exciting as I expected the news of the day to be; yet we’re also fired up and happy as we continue the countdown to Cassie’s big day!

Maybe I’ll do a bit of archive reading next – just to make sure that I do sleep sooner instead of later.  Yes, I love my archives, but even a book-nut like me can find snooze-worthy writings to read in our archives.  I’d offer examples, but that wouldn’t be nice; and I do respect all of our Magi ancestors for their contributions to the archives.  Making that happen at all was unimaginably-hard for many of them; and that’s something that we really can’t relate to in our current digital world.

I wonder if future Magi will say that about us and our computer systems in a few thousand years? ;^)

Ethan – out!

***
Ehlana:

I love my Jacuzzi!

Maybe Ethan’s predicting a distant future when the Magi have a shared consciousness and we all have immediate mental access to the knowledge of the ages!

That might make computers seem archaic by comparison, but as long as we still have Jacuzzi tubs in that future; I’ll be okay! ;^)

I don’t really have anything important to add to Ethan’s news of the day – other than that Naomi and I stayed home and had fun with the wedding-related activities while Ethan and Aiden were at their practice.  It does feel weird to still have so much normal in our days while getting ready for the wedding too, but we don’t actually need to be working on that day and night – even if Mom, Miranda, Rowen, and others are busy all day and night.  For most of them, that does include working on jobs to get ready for the time off this weekend; so I’m including that as part of their schedules this week.  Ethan and I don’t have that problem during the summer; so maybe our ‘normal’ activities shouldn’t feel weird at all.

I’m enjoying the tub time right now, though, and will need to wrap it up soon and get to bed; so I’ll do that now.

Five more sleeps until Cassie’s big day!

This is Ehlana Proctor; coming to you live from what is now my past!