Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Monday, April 30, 2018

Cassie's Journal - April 30, 2018


There’s a lot of news for today, but let’s begin with my own top story; since I’ve made a fairly-large purchase that is easily the most money I’ve ever spent on myself so far!

No, I did not do that at Palmer’s, though I’m sure that Abby would’ve been happy if I had – this purchase was at Landry’s; and I placed a custom order for the new car that Michael and I will be using for the next five years or so while we’re at college.  A few people around here will be surprised about that – and the fact that I’ll be paying cash for it, but I have earned the money I do have; and having a dependable car to commute with is going to be important – even if we will have a future mechanic with us while we’re away at school.  I’m not going to brag about the car I chose.  It is a four-door sedan, but reasonably-sporty; and will not be embarrassing for Michael to drive even if it isn’t as cool as Tim’s Corvette.  Tm’s Mom was happy to put that order in for me; I had to put twenty percent down for the deposit; and it’ll be here in time for me to use it this summer.

Yes, I could’ve bought something off the lot, but I have time; don’t need the car until the end of June; and I didn’t want my first car to be something I wasn’t going to be happy with; since most of the cars, trucks, and vans that Landry’s carries in-stock are geared toward a small-town and farming community.  I’ll be in the city and doing the long, highway commutes; and want to be comfortable while doing that – while also getting around on a budget.  I know, that’s way too-practical, but it’s the way I am; and even Tim will be glad that we have the extra space in my car; since his Corvette doesn’t exactly have a lot of luggage space!

That’s enough about my one-stop, major shopping adventure.  The next top news of the day is that we’re having a camping night – a choice that we made at dinnertime – a multi-family barbeque and pot-luck meal that was put together while I was busy buying my new car.  Michael, Ethan, Ehlana and I have our best friends with us for the night; and we have girls and boys tents for this first backyard camping adventure of the year.  We set up the tents while Ethan and Aiden were at their first baseball practice of the season; with the ‘we’ being Michael, Tim, Rowen, and me because the parents and younger kids went to the school ball diamond to watch that practice – or hang out at the playground with Zack, Brianna, and some of the other cousins and their friends.

This was a great day for the start of baseball ‘training camp’ as the temperature was in the eighties when they headed for the school; and we’re only going to have lows in the sixties overnight.  After setting up the tents, we got our bikes; met up with the twins, Naomi, and Aiden by the time the practice ended; and went biking.  We took the trail from the east-end of town around to the park; rode the trails for an hour; and then came home with stops for overnight bags for our friends.  We’re not doing a campfire or anything like that, but we aren’t quite done with the play time before we’ll head for our tents and sleeping bags – which is why I’m doing this update and a bit of must-do work while getting cleaned up and ready for our camping adventure.  I’ll have to do some work and studying catch-up over the next couple of days, but the play time will be worth a couple of late nights – and I will have the usual Wednesday work night to help with the extra work I won’t get finished tonight.

As for the rest of my day, we had a good morning at home; a fun day at school that included bonus outdoor time for two classes and at lunchtime thanks to the nice weather; and that’s about all there is to say about those hours because we really just had fun and didn’t do anything particularly-exciting.

I’m going to get back to having more of both of those things right now, though, and you can read all about the rest of my adventures for today with the next update; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!