Heirs of the Magi News Flash!

***Heirs of the Magi News Flash!*** All of your favorite Magi Masters will be staying close to home as we head into summer! For Cassie and Michael, while their work will continue from home too, they will also be helping their best friends with getting ready for their wedding and moving into their new home - along with all of the other adventures ahead of them with family and friends! You will not want to miss out on all of the fun as life in Witch Falls heats up right along with the summer weather; so... ...Visit Witch Falls often to keep up with all of their latest stories; and Happy Reading!

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Cassie's Journal - April 1, 2018


Happy Easter, everyone!
April Fools’ Day!

Easter Sunday starts very early at our house.  That’s entirely because I needed to be at the church well-before dawn; and that meant getting up even earlier than that to get ready for the day; check out what the Easter Bunny brought for us; and then nibble on a bunny ear before meeting up with Michael and hurrying over to the church.

Before I get to that part of the story for today, I am going to mention that the weather was not very Easter-like.  It was below-freezing all day, and while we didn’t get a couple of inches of snow; we did get some snow this afternoon – and enough of it to have a blanket of white on the ground for a while – though it won’t be here for long once it starts warming up again next week.

The cold didn’t get in the way of the Easter services and breakfast at the church; but it did keep us indoors for the rest of the day – except for one round of shoveling and a bit of snow play with the twins and some of our friends.  Our sunrise service was great, and I’ll avoid bragging about the duet that Michael and I did that made our mothers – and quite a few other women in the congregation – cry.  We went on from that service to work out tails off with the rest of the teens and other volunteers while feeding about twelve hundred people during two breakfast sittings.  I know, that sounds crazy, but we do have some experienced cooks and servers that are used to feeding a thousand or more every Sunday at the Inn; and we do know what we’re doing!

We had to transition from breakfast to the next service, but Michael and I ended up helping with the clean-up except for a bit of music at the start of the service that was a reprise of music from the sunrise service.  The rest of the time, we washed dishes and cleaned the kitchen and reception hall; and then we headed home and did more work – starting with helping to cook lunch at Michael’s house for the Bassett clan.  Easter dinner was early for them so that they didn’t have to work late; we had some transition play time that was with a bunch of our siblings and cousins that went along with the shoveling; and then we worked at my house on a smaller Easter dinner that we only had Grandma, Grandpa, and a few friends join us for while the Carringtons and Ayres were busy with their own family dinners.

This may be shocking, but after having that meal, Michael headed home; I got to work in the office with Mom and Dad while the twins studied in the office too; we used a time phase; and got all of our weekend work done by nine o’clock!  I’ve had some quality time with my Jacuzzi since then, and once I’m done with this report; I’ll be crashing and napping for the rest of the night!  We’ve had a really great day and weekend, so I’m ready to get back to school tomorrow; and expect to be very busy as we will be busy over the next two months with the academic push toward our high school graduation – and making the grades that we’ll need to get into the colleges of our choice.  Michael, Rowen, and I will do what we can to help our friends with that; so I expect to get even busier from now on.  I have some more work to do to get ready for college too; but let’s leave any further comment on that for when I actually do some of that work or other activities – like shopping – for when I’m actually doing those things.

For now, what I really need to do is get some sleep while I have the chance to do that.  We may be done with the holiday fun for a couple of months, but life is going to speed up for me, and I am going to need the occasional quiet night to keep up with everything; so, until next time...

...May the Magi Force be with you!